Benji

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Benji

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:12 pm

I don't really know where to put this thread. But i really need to just get my thoughts straight.

I think my dog is dieing and i'm sat here in tears. He hasn't be well all weekend, the first time i realised something was really wrong was yesterday i came home form my Nans, he had been sick all over the kitchen, he's been sick alot lately but not as bad as yesterday.
Since then he hasn't barked, or whined or done anything, he doesn't even seem able to get out of his bed. When he does get up he walks so slow and it looks like its an effort for him.
I've always pampered him and he's always let me, but now he just can't seem to be asked either way. It's like his spirit is just gone. He also was doing some really terrible panting earlier. And he hasn't eaten anything.

He's a yorkshire terrier called Benji and is 12 year old - 13 on November the 7th and i don't know how I'd live without him. He's my best friend and i no it sounds stupid but i tell him everything. Its true that he's a grumpy old man at times, but i really would not survive without him.
Hello I'm MUNCH and you are?
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby chat noir » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:20 pm

get him to the vets asap, sounds like he could be dehydrated if he hasnt been drinking or anything.
chat noir
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby fairy of darkness » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:03 pm

Yeah i agree take him to vets.... it may seem like that right now...but things get easier with time, and we learn to live without the things we think we need the most. But dont get yourself to panicked until hes seen the vet. Love F.O.D xxx
Constantly moving
fairy of darkness
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby brfc » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:33 am

as with above whip him down the vets as soon as poss.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:10 pm

He's gone to the vets today, he's now on a drip and i think they are going to give him an x-ray.
I know whatever they do will be for the best like, but I really couldn't bare if anything happened to him, i mean i felt terrible for just leaving him there.
I went to school today and I couldn't concentrate on my work at all, what makes it worse is we are revising a book that happens to have a dog dieing in it... just my luck.

I'm kind of hoping that Benji will pull round, but anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for the advise and all.
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby netballluva » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:18 pm

I'm sure he will be fine. Don't feel terrible for leaving him there as he is around vets that can help him to get better. Just think he is around people that will help him in whatever way they can.

I really hope he gets better very soon :D xx
netballluva
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby chat noir » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:04 pm

dont feel bad, he's in the best place now and Im sure they will do everything they can, Ive heard so many stories of dogs being on their last legs then being taken to the vet and turning round totally within days! Im sure he will be fine :)
chat noir
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:16 pm

Bad news I'm afraid.

Benji died on the Tuesday morning of 20th of March. Apparently he died in his sleep peacefully, which i suppose is comforting to know. The vets think it may have had something to do with his prostate and perhaps his kidney aswell.

We know anything for sure, they offered to do a biopsy thingy, but we refused, I'd rather not know then have them do one of those things.

Thank you all for your support, it is very much appriciated.
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:56 pm

Hey

Sorry to hear that but it was probably the best outcome in the end, especially as he died peacefully in his sleep.

It sounds like he was very unwell and it was probably going to be unlikely at his age that the vets would have been able to do much for him. Atleast now he is no longer feeling so unwell. My first 2 yorkshire terriers died of cancer 11 and 12yrs ago (both aged 15) So I know how you feel. We have another yorkie now though, aged 11.

Sounds like you treated him really well and so he had a good life. He'll always live on in your memory. :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Cheer me up!