Self harming

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Self harming

Postby Megasweet_shaz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:12 pm

i seem to self harm alot i have so many scars on my arms ive had to move onto my leg. i can get really depressed and when i am all i do is self harm until it hurts so much i have to stop but in some cases i carrying on going no matter how much it hurts. alot of things have been going wrong with my life and my love life and i really dont know what to do can anyone help ????
Megasweet_shaz
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby captainf » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:15 pm

Have you spoken to your doctor? How would you feel about seeing a counsellor?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

:)

Postby Megasweet_shaz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:18 pm

i have seen a doctor but they dont do nothing a concerller dont help just makes me wanna do it more i really dunno what to do. my bf said he wanted to see other girls when he was with me a couple of days ago and it upset me so much i dug a knife in my leg and smiled as the blood dripped down my leg. i hate doing it cause it leaves me with scars but its the only way to make me feel better. do u have any idea on how i can feel better without doing that???
Megasweet_shaz
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby captainf » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:10 pm

I don't really know what to suggest apart from explaining your stresses to your doctor again and see if you can get a referal. I guess you could wear an elastic band round your wrist and whenever you feel like hurting yourself, just pull the elastic band and let it go..etc There are many users here, who unlike me, have gone through this and will be able to help you.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

thanks

Postby Megasweet_shaz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:46 pm

thanks i might try that elastic band thing it might help or i might talk to some other ppl bout it thanks xxxx
Megasweet_shaz
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby PurePurple » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:54 pm

There's another one.. Ice cubes
When you feel like self harming, Hold tight onto some ice cubes, You still feel the pain but your not harming yourself
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby pink stripes » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:26 am

heya

iv just read ur thread and i hope that you are feeeling better about things..

Because i know that the guys and girls on here are amazing and WILL help you thru this =]

Keep smiling =]

X x x x x x X
pink stripes
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Jess1234 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:19 pm

hey huni

well i've been self-harmin for four years and cutting for about a year so i know how you feel. Recently ive been trying to stop and its been nearly 3months since i last cut. Ive found what helps me most is picking up the phone and dialing one of my friends and just having a good long talk.. it doesnt have to be someone who knows you cut, just say that you fancied a chat or something... the other thing is write down how you feel and then rip it up.. for some reason this really helps me.

Hope everything gets better
feel free to PM me
Jess xx
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby fairy of darkness » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:23 pm

Hey..

I used to scratch myself for hours till it bled...coz the pain felt relieving. I did this for years, until i found punch bags. It is the biggest stress relief ever it really is. And it keeps you fit, whenever you're upset turn it to anger and just smack the punch bag until your muscles are just knackered, im getting one hung up in my garage. And also Jess1234 is right..writing things down helps A LOT i do it all the time. I write songs/ poems /diary entries everything and then just tear them up.
There are so many things you can do to stop it.
Love
F.O.D
xxxx
Constantly moving
fairy of darkness
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby jampot » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi Megasweet_shaz!
my heart goes out to you! its such a shame that your soing this to yourself, you really need help! i'll help in any way i can, sweetheart.

i had a rough childhood and i was self harming for as long as i can remember. i started cutting myself when i was about 12 and i don it for years. people told me it was bad but i didnt understand, i couldnt see what was so bad about doing something to myself like that, and i didnt stop for years. by the sounds of it, you've done it for a while too.

i think it is a brilliant thing that you have realised what you are doing to yourself, absolutely brilliant! you've made the first step! one thing that helped me stop (I was doing it for about 6 years) was to think "actually, if i cut myself someone will have a go at me and i cant be bothered with people feeling sorry for me."

maybe try that?

also, i used the elastic band trick, it works a treat!! and one day, someone saw i had an elastic band on my wrist, and, not knowing what it was for, twanged it really hard as a joke. i didnt like it. thats when i knew things were getting somewhere!

even now i still feel like cutting myself sometimes, but it doesnt help anything. i've recently met a lot of new people and when they see my scars they ask me about it, and i go all embarassed. they can see the pain i was in, and its my past and my old pain that i would rather keep to myself. if you cut yourself, people can read you like a book.

i also got into the habit of seeing my friends more often, and telling them how i felt, and when i finished telling them, we would mess around and have fun! laughter is the best cure.

those were some of my ways, but you need to find your own personal coping strategy. i hope everything goes well for you! let me know how your getting on, ok?

good look sweetie and sorry about the length!!

xxxxx
That's Me!
jampot
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Cheer me up!