Any ideas?

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Any ideas?

Postby captainf » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:08 am

Okay guys, earlier today my nan noticed our 11yr old yorkshire terrier was looking rather unwell. She noticed he wouldnt jump up on the sofa like he normally does and he kept walking around with his back slightly arched.. on closer inspection we could see his belly was swollen too. We booked an appointment at the vets for 11:10am.

Hes been quiet all evening and just sleeping mainly. He only lays on his side, or curls up, but wont lay on his front. About 15mins ago (its 2am now) I looked at him as he rolled over and noticed that he has started bleeding from his penis. I'm almost certain this is bad news. :(

Is there any ideas what this could be? I need my mind put at ease because I havent had to deal with a death in close family since 1997 and I don't think I can cope with one right now. I'm really stressing because I dont deal with deaths well at all so I really hope my dog is okay.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby lisajade » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:31 am

I'm sorry to hear your dog is unwell. Unfortunately I'm totally clueless on this subject, but i just wanted to wish you all the best at the vets. Good luck and hopefully he'll be ok xxx
lisajade
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Pwif » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:40 am

Hi Captain. I've done some research on this, and your dog could be suffering from any number of things. So you've done the right thing by taking him along to the vet this morning to get an expert opinion. Just give your dog lots of cuddles and let him know that you're there for him. I hope it goes well today.
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:55 pm

Hey

Last night he was having trouble walking up the stairs so I was gonna sleep down here with him, as I was about to come down the stairs with my cover and pillow he came running up and went into mums room lol. Well, today we took him to the vet and the vet gave him two injections. He thinks its cystitis (sp?) and said if he isnt better in a week we have to take him back. Hopefully he will be okay. He seems happier today and is laying on his belly abit which he wouldnt do yesterday.

So fingers crossed he'll get better.

Thanks for the well wishes and advice. We've all been petting him more than usual (as if he didnt get enough already lol) :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Pwif » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:56 pm

I was thinking of you and your dog today, Captain, so I'm really pleased for you. I know what it's like having a sick dog that just looks at you with pleading eyes, as if to say "help me"... :P
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:08 pm

Hes just resting next to me at the moment. Hopefully he'll continue to get better. Thanks very much for the advice.

Click the link below to see a piccy of him taken about a month ago.

Pic of peppy click here
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Pwif » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:15 pm

Peppy is the spitting image of my neighbour's dog "Bentley". Gorgeous. :P
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:22 pm

hehe :D Peps had a bath and hair cut since that pic.

I'm still abit worried about him really. Hes resting alot tonight. So hopefully he'll be okay in a few days. The vet said one of his glands is swollen (can't remember what its called but its 'down there') I'll probably feel abit better once i've seen him get better over a few days.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby peecee » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:01 pm

Ah, what a little cutie! (so's Peppy, hun... :wink: :P )

Cystitis is easy to sort out in humans, I'm sure he'll be ok soon. Just keep giving him loads of attention, he'll really take advantage of you! :D And keep us up-to-date on his progress, ok?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:50 am

hehe You smooth talker peecee ;)

Well, little Peppy is alot happier today. Hes jumped up on my lap a few times, seems to be walking around alot, going outside and also stretching (he wouldnt do that) He even looks better in the eyes too. So hopefully he'll continue to get better. :D Last night I put 4 cushions on the floor next to the PC so he could lay next to me whilst I was online. Gave him lots of TLC lately and I think hes been lovin' it ;) :D
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby chat noir » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:31 am

Im glad your dog is feeling better! cystitis is miserable enough in humans so god knows what it would be like for a dog!
chat noir
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Pwif » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:15 pm

peecee wrote:Ah, what a little cutie! (so's Peppy, hun... :wink: :P )

Hussy :wink: =D>
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:21 am

Thank you Chat noir. He seems to be getting better and better. :)

Aww is pwif jealous? :P
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Pwif » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:51 pm

Just checking to see how Peppy's doing. Bet he's getting lots of TLC from the family. :P

captain_flynn wrote:Aww is pwif jealous? :P
:evil: to Peecee.... :P :wink:
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:06 pm

Hey

Thanks for being so caring. :D Hes back to normal now. He seems to have fully recovered. :D Back to his normal self. :D

Thank you very much for asking.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Cheer me up!