Need a bit of cheering up...feel stupid and gutted

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Need a bit of cheering up...feel stupid and gutted

Postby nothings_shocking » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:52 pm

Well....
I met this bloke on a night out November just gone. I had a boyfriend at the time. Nothing happened all we did was exchange numbers. I then broke up with my boyfriend a week before Christmas. This guy text me occassionally nothing heavy and there was nothing going on.
I was asked how this were with my boyfriend and I told him we had broken up. I seemed to get more texts.
I left for Edinburgh on 29th December and came back 3rd January. He'd text me a few times then. Well ever since I've got back he's text me everyday. Text to ask How are you? Good day? Work ok? etc etc he's done that everyday until about a week ago. I sent him a joke and he sent one back that was it. I usually send him jokes so i sent him another the next day. No reply. I left it and thought maybe he was busy. A few days later (yesterday) i got a text asking the same thing. I just thought he'd been really tired etc etc, but he's got himself a girlfriend. I just feel really gutted. I think his girlfriend is soooooooo lucky to have him.
I just feel attached to him really because he's always been there. First man I'd laughed with since i broke up with my boyfriend. I suppose i've taken him for granted. Feeling jealous and very, very, very gutted to the point where i'd kick myself. I just see him as my comfort blanket i think....and i don't want to share. Didn't realise how much he meant to me until this.
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby fairy of darkness » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:03 pm

There goes that stupid saying again..." you don't know what you've got til it's gone"....i've had that before and you just don't realise it! Well he can still be there for you to make you laugh etc...and you never know him and his girlfriend might not last..but if they do..i'm sure a smashing person like you will find a man in no time! and us ladies don't need men to make us whole we can stand on our own to feet right?

But anyway getting back to the point..are you still texting? If not then maybe just try to let it go? difficult i know..but anyway hope this helps..a little..wasn't realy much help was it..anyway get back to me and then maybe i can help :D

F.O.D
xxxx
Constantly moving
fairy of darkness
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby brfc » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:10 pm

i guess in the future you will look back on this and think well just being mates were just ment too be. i was the same with a girl many moons ago. we were each others comfort blacket. whatever we did in life we always used too share our ups and downs. then she found a b/f and i always txt her but she was too busy with her new b/f. got me down at the time but i guess i just had too accept that me and her were not ment too be.

life is a rollercoaster ride and who knows whats round the corner i say. i feel someone up there has a plan for everyone and guess it takes time for this plan too unfold. took me 29 years lol. hope this makes sense. try not too worry too much. mr right who ever he is is out there and he,ll be found when you least expect it im sure. take care brfc x
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby nothings_shocking » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:20 pm

Hi,

Thank you both for your replies.

FOD: I agree....didn't realise what i had til he'd gone. Feeling very gutted. See since i last posted this he hasnt text me once. I've text him, but i just thought he was busy with his gf. Maybe he meant more to me than i meant to him? I know there is someone for me out there....but i just wonder if the person i'm meant to be with is in my past. I can't help think my ex-bf is the only person who will want me. Maybe he was the one and i let him go? Yes, I usually stand on my own two feet, i'm a pretty strong most of the time.

brfc: Maybe i will look back like that. I really hope so. I'd never do anything to split him up from anything. I just think she's a very lucky girl. It's exactly how you described. I've half accepted it but i can't help but have this feeling thast i want to kick myself...
Someone up there does have a plan. I wish he'd hint something to me. I do worry. I worry i will never find mister right. I'm not a really attractive person or really slim. I just worry that no one will want me...
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Cheer me up!