gutted.

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

gutted.

Postby spacegirl » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:06 am

since about january, i'd been seeing this really nice guy, we met on a night out one night and just clicked straight away, and we'd seen each other almost every day since. I have never met anyone like him before. he is really nice, generous, funny, intelligent, romantic, attractive... and i really fell for him. problem - he is australian and was only over here to stay with family for a year. whe we started going out, i always knew that he had to go home eventually and really tried my best not to fall for him, and he was supposed to be going home in november so i thought we had loads of time together. but a few weeks ago he told me he had to go home early because there was a death in his family back home, and that he'd be going home that week, which was a real shock. obviously i understand why he had to go home so quickly, but i had expected that when it came to him going home i would be able to prepare myself for it, and know a long time beforehand when i would have to say goodbye. we've been trying to keep in touch but i think the distance is going to break us up eventually and it really hurts. i've done long distance before, but only within europe, so flights, phonecalls etc. weren't expensive, and there wasn't such a huge time difference. the thing that has me really upset about it today is that last night i had a really nice, and really vivid dream about us. i dreamt he called over to my house and we lay in bed and talked and watched tv, and he was doing all the normal things he would have done like bring me cups of tea and hugging me and kissing me on the forehead and all the other really nice but really simple things he would have done... and when i woke up and turned around he wasn't there. for a split second i thought he'd got up to go to the loo or whatever, but then i remembered that he was gone and it really hurt. :(
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Weasley » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:19 am

Hi spacegirl!

I can completely understand how much this would hurt you, it must be hard, but just think, it won't be like it forever! Just keep trying to talk on the phone when you can - does he have email? You could email him anytime of the day, maybe even set up MSN messenger or something like that? There will always be ways in which you can keep in contact with each other - try sending each other photographs, maybe letters in the post? I find letters so much more personal - especially if you include little presents in it! My dad worked away for 2 years in Antarctica about 10 years ago when I was at school and I found my work really suffered. I used to go home at night and see my mom lonely and cry because I missed him so much. He couldn't even come back at Christmas and could hardly speak to him on the phone so we wrote letters! I found that the photos he sent me really cheered me up and made it seem that he really wasn't that far away after all! When your boyfriend comes back it will be worth the wait - you will have so much to catch up on! The distance won't affect your relationship if you don't surrender to it and let it. Hope this helps a bit - let me know how you get on with it! xx
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Cheer me up!