Working Hard

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Working Hard

Postby kitten » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:22 pm

I've a lot on my plate at work at the moment and one minute the amount of work I'm doing seems appriciated then it doesn't.

I made a phone call to see how a funeral of a friend that was today went, because I wouldn't have been able to get the time off. I waited until all my work was finished and phoned because my parents aren 't in very often. Then got snide comments from my boss whilst I was on the phone about the time I was on it (all of about five minutes).

Also at home I'm trying to balance studying with spending enough time with Tom and I don't think its working. I'm stressed because of work and then my assessment is due in a few weeks so I'm stressed that I won't pass that. I think Tom is upset that I don't get alot of time to spend with him and I don't think he understands how important this is to me.

Just feeling a little overwhelmed by it all :(
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby brfc » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:45 pm

we all get days like that kitten. i often feel overwhelmed by the mad rush of every day life. jugling everything that goes on. i tend to just sit on a bench outside or just take a few minutes break to calm down. often works. :)
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby kitten » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:05 am

Thanks BRFC I'm trying to take breaks. I'm giving studying a rest for today.

Workwise though its just getting so stupid that I was home last night at straight at the alcohol. So I've taken the step and applied for a new job - a higher position and hopefully something that will challenge my skills and make me feel like I doing something worthwhile.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby brfc » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:22 am

good luck with that kitten. hope it all works out for you. :D
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby peecee » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:34 pm

Hun, you're more than capable of doing your job AND tackling bitchiness at work (which you'll encounter in any job).

You're doing great - when you get back to full health, you'll wonder why you ever bothered posting here! :D

As brfc said, we all get days like that - I have to add that we all use alcohol etc. as a temporary crutch sometimes - it doesn't mean we're failures.

Crack on, sweet pea, you're doing fine - and like everybody, you're entitled to a rant every now and then, without feeling guilty!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kitten » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:44 am

Thanks Peecee.

Its getting a bit silly at work, the markets not good and tempers are flaring. I'm keeping myself to myself.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Cheer me up!