Complete stress out!

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Complete stress out!

Postby Weasley » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:19 pm

Hi all! This is more of a rant really. Thing is I have just moved out to live with my fiancee (the first time I have lived on my own) and I'm finding it really difficult. It's the whole washing, ironing, washing up, cleaning, cooking. My fiancee does help me so that's okay and I used to help my mom out with things when I lived at home but I'm just finding it so hard to do it all myself! I know it's really pathetic but I'm scared I'll wash the clothes wrong and they will go pink or shrink! I'm also really bad at cooking so if anyone has any healthy, tasty, quick and easy recipies I could try please feel free to tell me! I'm fed up of Super Noodles, burgers and beans on toast!!!!!
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: Complete stress out!

Postby retrochav » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:17 pm

Household chores are easier if you are organised. My tips are:

* get two laundry bins, one for colours and one for whites. Wash colours on a cooler wash and if in doubt about colours running get a pack of colour run sheets/ or colour run remover.

* clean as you go, its easier than blitzing each week. Iron only what you must. Vests and T shirts worn under a blouse or shirt dont need pressing. Towels and bedding dont either.

* Food; Boil pasta and drain. Heat tin of chopped tommatos (get one with onions/peppers/herbs already added to save buying these) and a tin/tube of tomato puree. Add either cooked chicken breast/tin of tuna. Add cooked pasta and heat through.

*Pizza; slice a french stick down the middle. Spread tomato puree, grated cheese and whatever toppings you want - stick under grill.

* Cottage pie: fry minced lamb or beef. Add onions and a stock cube. Put in a casserole dish. Boil potatos and mash with cheese. put this on top of mince and put in warm oven for 30 mins.

You will find reciepies everywhere, and will learn to create your own with time and practise. Hope all works out for you, and remeber, unless you are a full time homemaker, you cant have a spotless home as you havent the time.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby kitten » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:11 pm

Try not to worry too much.

I recently washed (inadvertently) a nice pair of white knickers in my coloured load so they are now a nice shade of pink annoying but not the end of the world. There is a product you can get to revert things to white as well.

I've always been really house proud but since I've started studying its all gone a little by the wayside.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Weasley » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:28 am

Thanks for your replies! I tried to make a shepards pie last night and it turned out really nice! I was really proud of myself! Lol! I know, I'm learning to not be so stressed out now about things, as my mom said, you can be clean but you have to LIVE in your home! Now I'm just getting used to it I think! Thanks guys!
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Cheer me up!