Why is it

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Why is it

Postby Seiya » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:43 am

That people are such complete and utter blockheads when theres alcohol introduced into their system? I've seriously had enough of drunken idiots, who after a few cans think they're 20 men. and 14 year old who manage to get hold of beer.

Last night was the worst by a long shot, let's just put it this way. I nearly had two incidents happen one to me and one to my mate.

Bring back at least partial prohibition and/or Drunken patrols outside of the city centre.
Seiya
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby captainf » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:06 pm

Yeah its definitely a sad sight. I dont drink and dont bother with clubs etc and thats one of many reasons why.

Funny how drugs are illegal, smoking is partially banned (only in public places) yet theres no real control over the consumption of alcohol.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Weasley » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:52 am

When I was at University I wrote me 10,000 word thesis on the effect of binge drinking and the stuff I found out was shocking! Ever since writing it I had cut down considerably on alcohol. I hate going into town at the weekends because there are always some drunken fools trying to start a fight for no reason etc. Theres nothing more I like doing now on a weekend than going out with my friends but now I always alternate my drinks with a soft drink and never drink that much so get really drunk! I like to be able to remember my night and not feel horrible in the morning!
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Seiya » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:27 pm

Hear Hear, there's this kid that I know right and before he fell in with the wrong crowd he was sound. He was polite and everything. then this year rolled round and he's now drunk most days and when he's not drunk he's stoned. And as you can imagine all manners went out of the window and he's even tried to pick fights with some of my other mates.

but the other day ( a rare occasion when he was sober and what's the word for not stoned?? ) he tried to get ME onto drink, saying that it's aces when you can't remember the night before!!!!

Uh Yeah Right

edited by all_apologies: no swearing please
Seiya
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Weasley » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:54 pm

Well call me old fashioned but I prefer it when I can remember the night before! I have seen friends cheat on their partners because it seems like quite a good idea at the time and then come to me in tears the next day because they regret it. I'd hate to not be incontrol of my actions! Plus I hate being sick - I have a complete phobia of it, I think it actually has a name, so I don't drink great amounts and avoid pub toilets when I can for fear of someone been ill in there or seeing something! Yack!
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Cheer me up!