Please cheer me up. Also would welcome any advice

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Please cheer me up. Also would welcome any advice

Postby Pwif » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:47 am

captain_flynn wrote:I can't really explain how down I feel at this current time. I am literally feeling that sickly feeling you get in the pit of your stomach.

Its been a rather bad week for me. I fell out with my dad at the start of the week. I was supposed to go to his sunday night for a few days but my uncle couldnt take me. I told dad and he phoned me up 3 times sunday night to have a go at me and tell me how lazy I am. He then did this again on Monday too. He then phoned me up last night and said more of the same. I feel really down because he made me feel incredibly small and insigificant.

Amongst other things a friend of mine has spent all this week telling me she loves me and that im hurting her because i'm in a relationship. I feel terrible but even worse knowing this girl has thoughts about suicide etc.

I just don't know what to do. Everywhere I look i'm making people unhappy. My eczema is playing up due to my stress level and sometimes I find myself digging my nails into my skin just to make myself bleed for the sake of it. Everyone just seems to be annoyed with me, when really I just want to make everyone happy. I've spent most nights this week crying myself to sleep. I feel so alone right now, as if I have no-one there for me
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:55 am

Thank you for posting this for me.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby peecee » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:05 am

Me dear, you CAN'T take everybody else's stuff on your own shoulders, it's not fair to you, and they should be dealing with it themselves - just as you have to deal with your own stuff.

I think, and really you know this, that when you feel as if everybody is fed up with you, the problem isn't with them, it's with YOU. No comfort, but at least you can try and do something about it.

ok - parents. The people who know exactly which buttons to press! Your dad knew exactly why you couldn't come over. He was fed up about it, because he was missing you. I'm sorry, hun, don't take offence, but I don't think he's behaving in a very grown up manner about it. And this is something you will learn with age and experience; at some point, you will learn to distance yourself from their - don't know what to call it - mind games? It's a difficult lesson for children to learn, but it will happen eventually, and parents respect us all the more for it. If you told your dad that he had made you feel "incredibly small and insignificant", I guarantee that he would be shocked. Parents don't always realise the effect they are having on their just-grown-up-children. Ash, you are NOT small etc. you KNOW that, so shrug it off. You've got more important stuff to deal with.
Right, that's the main thing out of the way (parents always come first :roll: ).

Now, your friend who is hurting because you're going out with someone else. Why? Sweet pea, I know this is serious territory now, but I'm concerned about YOU more than your friend. She talks about committing suicide, but that is NOT, NOT, NOT down to you. You're just the cherry on top of the icing on her cake.

Petal, what's dragging you down so much now? You've got so much going for you, try to hold onto that, and distance yourself from the negative stuff.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
pee
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:45 pm

No, you're right I can't take everyone elses stuff on my shoulders. I havent really been trying to do that. I have been trying to help someone else (who really does need, and deserves the help) But helping that particular person doesnt get me down, its when she shuts me out that hurts.

As for my dad. I've just kept a low profile from him. I was speaking to my sister on msn a few days ago and she had fallen out with him too. I think its because hes diabetic and doesnt always follow the rules so he can get abit annoyed at times. He'll be fine though.

Yeah she isn't trying to commit suicide because of just me. I think her home life is very bad and stressful. However I think that I just can't help but think i'm slightly the cause of her feeling so down. I know that she will be fine in time though and im doing my best to be a friend to her.

I think my current situation is whats dragging me down so much. Only because i'm worried about where its heading and I dont want to end up alone again.. however I cannot discuss it here because the person involved knows that I post on here and i'm trying my best to be strong for her.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby hunibuni » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:12 am

hiya
i hope you are feeling better and happier now! itll all work out alright in the end!i suggest the guys version of retail therapy if you are still feeling down
hunibuni
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby captainf » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:50 pm

Hey

Thanks very much for caring and your concern. I have relatives visiting for a few days as of thursday which will hopefully help me feel better. Me and dad are also fine now.

As for my other problem, that is still really really getting me down and im doing my best to sort it out.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Cheer me up!