Help i need cheering up hurt my ankle

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Help i need cheering up hurt my ankle

Postby brokenankleskills » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:59 am

Hi dont know where to start i hurt my ankle about a month ago and went to the hospital 2 get told it was bad twisted that was a month ago and a month on my ankle was still hurting and last saturday I went to the hospital and get told it was still twist and i need 2 go and see physio... Well this is the funny bit on Sunday night i get a call i had 2 go back 2 the hospital and I broke my ankle, and i dont know wot 2 do if i should sue the hospital or should i but a complaint in
brokenankleskills
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Pwif » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:17 am

Can you tell us more about how you broke your ankle whilst you were in hospital? That could help decide on what action, if any, you could take. What has the hospital done to help you? I should imagine they would be mortified if you broke your ankle on hospital premises. How long did they keep you in hospital after you'd broken it?

I've spent a huge amount of time in the past year in and out of various hospitals with my father and friend (both very seriously ill). The NHS is stretched to the seams struggling to cope with an ageing population, and much higher expectations put on it by both patients and the government. Waiting lists are still very long (through no fault of the hospitals), so you did extremely well getting a telephone call on a Sunday evening asking you to go back to hospital urgently to get your twisted ankle sorted.

I hope it all works out well for you.
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

sorry i worded it wrong

Postby brokenankleskills » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:59 pm

I fall over a man hole in my mums garden!!! and when i went 2 the hospital said i didnt break it and a month down there now said i did....... Im not happy the way the doctors treated me. think it was very poor im more worried if it was an eldy person who fall ova in the street and there did it to them, so i let the hospital get away wiv it.

But I most say that there have been good looking after my dad in hospital, even through he is still there but i know there stregth to the limit
brokenankleskills
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Domus Clamantium » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:38 pm

In all fairness, x-rays are not 100% guaranteed to pick up everything (I'm assuming you did have x-rays), so it is possible that the break wasn't obvious at first...if you were to take legal action, you would have to prove that the hospital were negligent...
Never Look Back
Domus Clamantium
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby brokenankleskills » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:27 pm

it been 2 months today over my ankle and the hospital never show me how 2 use crutch or anythin im angry
dont want then 2 think there can treat people like this
brokenankleskills
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Cheer me up!