down...again (sorry)

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

down...again (sorry)

Postby Kollette » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:55 pm

Heya...

Im just feeling a bit pants right now. Im pregnant so I know my hormones will be all over the place.

I've a baby scan tommorow which is worrying me, as I had one last week and I think maybe something isnt right as they are sending me for another one?

I think the pregnancy is finally hitting me, as first I was in shock, then tried to forget it, now its worrying me.

I have a medical abortion booked for next week, but its kinda freaking me out as I'll be there 8 hours and im not sure what I'll be expected to do, even though I know what the pills etc will actually do.

My bf was great when he came down to see me, but now hes back at a different uni I dont know where he is or what hes doing so I cant get into contact with him. He doesnt have credit and if I ring him, he's out with his mates and so I cant really confide in him that im worried.

I cant tell my parents. My cousins are guys and they had kids really young, and since im the one at uni and 'making something of myself' I constantly get lectured about not getting pregnant. I could never tell any of my family, and they are forcing me to have an abortion without actually realising.

Just feel really rubbish. This whole thing was an accident, we used protection so I guess we were just the minority percentage, but I cant help just feeling awful right now.

Sorry :(
Kollette
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby brfc » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:17 am

awww big hug 4 ya ((((kollette))) i can imagine how hard this is. i myself 12 months ago got my g/f pregnant even though we had only just met and she was on te pill. very remote chance of it happening but these things do happen. remember you always have us to turn too. your never on your own. hope things work out 4 u. take care brfc xx
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:06 pm

Sorry your feeling down

I wouldn't worry about the scan results because your not keeping it anyway, in fact it might make it feel a bit easier if something where wrong

I remember your previous posts and I think you are doing the right thing but it doesn't make it any easier

Can you ring the clinic/ hopsital and tell them your worried and ask what you can expect to happen next week.
They should give you conselling first and this is when everything is normally explained

Different places do it differently so I can't relly tell you what to expect

Everyone I know who has had it done does feel emotionally drained after though and you need to tell your b/f he will need to be available for you to confind in for, the very least, the 48 hours straight after, he should not expect you to deal with this alone just because he is not physically with you. He created this problem as much as you did.

Get the clinic to give you numbers of support groups you can contact after too because that might really help

No on can predict exactly how you will respond but I suspect from your post it will affect you emotionally and you will be feeling some guilt but keep reminding yourself this is the right thing for YOU.

Maybe before you have it done you could right all the reasons you are doing it so you can read them back to yourself if you start beating yourself up emtionally afterwards

I certainly thing the emotional effects are worse than the physical effects from those i know

I hope it goes well and we are always here to support you and listen
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby kitten » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:44 pm

I feel for your - hope things go ok and you get the support you need - I think they offer counselling afterwards which would be worth taking up.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Kollette » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:56 pm

Hey, thanks :)

I am 6 weeks pregnant according to the scan and everything is fine. Although they said they noticed a cyst on my ovaries, but said this was totally normal and will go away on its own? Should I try to get an appointment in a few weeks to check?

As im only 6 weeks, its all fine to have a medical abortion next week.
Kollette
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:56 am

I have had a cyst on my ovary for years and unless it starts giving you pain it wouldn't worry. If they were concerned they would have told you to come back and get it rechecked

As for having abortion now it is better to do it sooner rather than later

Good luck for next week x
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby HappyGoLucky » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:21 am

Cheer up, Kollete! I hope things go fine for you! =)
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Kollette » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:24 pm

Hey,

Just incase anyone was wondering, I had the inforced miscarriage part of the abortion yesterday and it all went fine.

I am feeling a bit strange, although I know that really I couldnt have done anything else.

I have started on a pill, just to get everything regulated again.

Thankyou for all of your support! It really helped and was comforting to know I could ask anything I was worried about and get good advice in return.

Thankyou,
Kollette x x
Kollette
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dollydiamond » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:01 pm

glad everything went according to plan (Y)
best of luck n the future.
x x x
iloveyou.. xx
dollydiamond
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Cheer me up!