Rant - Not happy.

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Rant - Not happy.

Postby PurePurple » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:00 pm

I feel like crying to be quite honest.
Simply because of one of my friends....

I can't have an hour long conversation with her, Without her mentioning her boyfriend. It's like "Blah blah.." "Oh I did this with Josh" or whatever.. It's really annoying me because it's like her whole life revolves around her boyfriend and what he wants. She's 17, Doesn't go to college and has a job. Whenever she's on webcam, And her boyfriend says "Kendall come off webcam.." She does it, Because he wants her to strip on cam to him. It's so annoying because when she does it, She ignores everyone else, And gives 1 word answers.

And also I find when i'm trying to be serious, or I find something isn't funny.. She'll laugh at it or say "lol" or "lmao" She says she knows when to be serious, but as a matter of fact she just doesn't. I've fallen out with her majorley loads of times.. And she takes a big stress if I tell her how I feel.

I'm really sick of it.
Sorry about long post
x
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Weasley » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:21 am

It sounds to me like your friendship has changed. Unfortunately this happens sometimes when people take different paths in their lives. It could be that you have grown up a lot quicker than her and things that you had in common once you don't have anymore. Also it depends on the people we meet too, they can be very influencial in our lives and how we choose to act. It just seems to me that you have grown apart a little bit and it's up to you both to maybe have a chat about this and see if you can maybe sort it out? How about trying to organise a girly day together - without the boyfriend!
People do change when they meet boyfriends and girlfriends. They sometimes forget who they are as they are so egar to impress. I had a best friend in America before I moved here and we kept in touch all the time, she visited, I visited but we both had different lives and slowly drifted apart. It was sad but these things happen and we just learn to deal.
I would definitely suggest a day out together - do something fun like go shopping or to the movies, something you can both enjoy together. Hopefully this will make her realise that she has changed from the person she used to be and make her miss hanging out with you. Hope this has helped in some way, I've had a bit of a ramble!
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby PurePurple » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:31 pm

The problem is though Weasley, Her and her boyfriend live 2 hours away from each other so he's never there anyway, And as soon as Josh learns to drive, She's moving in with him.. and I dread to think what she's going to be like then.

Also if we did go out somewhere together she probably wouldn't stop mentioning how much she wanted to go home, or she'd constantly be on the phone to Josh :evil:

x
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Weasley » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:37 pm

This girl sounds infatuated with this guy! How long has she been going out with him? If it's not been that long chances are they are still in their "honey moon" period and believe me that soon calms down! Eventually you start looking forward to time on your own without your guy there with you. Maybe it will cool down a bit for her too?
As for her been on the phone to him while you are out, I'd tell her before hand that you're looking forward to spending some time with her, talking girl talk etc and really play on how important it is for you guys to have some time on your own. I'd really play on this point, hopefully she's bright enough to get the hint without you actually having to tell her NO BOYS ALLOWED!
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby PurePurple » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:40 pm

She's been with him a year and 6 months, And she is really in love with Josh. She's seen him twice in the year they've been together.. And it's the phonecalls and MSN that keep her going - If she doesn't speak to him before either of them do anything, She has a panic attack :o!
She's scared because of his ex's trying to split them up. Urgh! This is so frustrating.

x
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Weasley » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:47 pm

Hmmm...they do say the absence makes the heart grow fonder and trust me if they saw each other regularly it would soon die down! I can kinda understand - when you're in love you're constantly thinking about the guy and therefore you wanna talk to him and about him but there comes a point when you should realise that there is more to talk about than that! I have a friend that's a little bit like yours, she met a guy on the net about a year ago, he lives around 3 hours from us and she has seen him once or twice. They aren't dating but she constantly talks about him! She's like "Oh then then Dave did this and then he did that and then he rescued some kiddies out of a burning house" It drives me crazy! And I know, it's hard to know what to say without losing it, shouting "Shut up!" and hurting their feelings.
I think really all I can say is hopefully it will burn out soon. She obviously has something else to talk about now too - his ex. At this point I would close the subject and say "his ex is his ex for a reason." I know, sometimes people just go on about one thing for far too long! You just wanna rip your hair out!
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby PurePurple » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:51 pm

That's true!
She's always like "Ohh, I dunno what i'd do without him...."
She always fails to realise when something is wrong with me....
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Nexus » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:44 pm

Are you into this girl in any way? Do you have feelings for her?

Just curious...........
Nexus
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby dollydiamond » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:58 am

dont worry about it, i know how you feel.
just ignore her for a while.
im sure you have other friends you can talk to
if she wants to be like this then just leave her too it.
iloveyou.. xx
dollydiamond
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby HappyGoLucky » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:44 pm

dollydiamond wrote:dont worry about it, i know how you feel.
just ignore her for a while.
im sure you have other friends you can talk to
if she wants to be like this then just leave her too it.

I agree with dollydiamond here. Talk to your other friends and don't feel so frustrated with her.

Take care.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby PurePurple » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:32 pm

Nexus wrote:Are you into this girl in any way? Do you have feelings for her?

Just curious...........

No I do not! She's like a sister to me
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby retrochav » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:47 pm

I have been on both sides of this fence! I was once so in love with a man that i really struggled to keep friendships going, and probably bored my mates to tears!!!

I also have had, and have mates who act as though in the flurry of a first romance, and its easy to feel used as a sounding board to hear how great their partner is. They seem oblivious to anything and anyone else.

The friendship is changing, and you need to decide to what extent you are prepared to accept the changes.

I see friendships as preparing a meal! Some friendships can do quite well on a back burner with minimal attention. Others need to bubble away in the heat of mutal care. And whilst some friendships can be reheated, others no longer can be salvaged and must be discarded. Like any meal, a friendship can only be as good as what goes into it.

Theres no need to abandon a friend, but you may need to distance yourself in order to find another friend who you can share experiance with, as this girl at present seems preoccupied. Having a couple of really close friends can provide strenght - and if your mates fairytale rommance turns sour, you may need a good measure of strength to pull her through.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Cheer me up!