No longer frustrated

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

No longer frustrated

Postby kitten » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:13 pm

Some of you may know that my husband and I are trying for a baby.

Judging by the cramps I have this is the second unsuccessful month and I know it needs patience that it won't just happen straight away but I'm still finding it frustrating when I start to feel those tell, tell cramps again.

Edit:

One of the very frustrating things is that my husband takes a very long time to come by which stage I'm fed up and sore (mods please feel free to edit if this is too detailed). It's getting to the stage where I think oh no not again and sometimes giving up which is obviously narrowing our chances of conception.

I think he's feeling the pressure too which is adding to the problems. Any thoughts on how to get round this - I think I've probably done everything I can.
Last edited by kitten on Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Just Frustrated

Postby retrochav » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:34 pm

Assuming there is no underlying cause which is inhibiting conception, for goodness sake relax!

The pressure you are both under is turning love making into a chore! Why do you think unplanned pregnancy is so much more common.

I would suggest an ovulation kit to work out your most fertile time, then throw the damn thing away there after and concentrate on love making for the sake of intimacy around the peak times.

Use a non spermicidal lubricant if you need more moisture, and bear in mind that orgasms are thought to aid conception - so work towards those and let nature do the planning.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby kitten » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:38 pm

Thanks retrochav, I know I need to relax but its so hard when I want it so badly.

I have some ovulation tests but having recently come off the pill I think my cycle is all over the place and I keep getting negative ones which is even more frustrating.

I'm sure like when you are looking for love when you stop trying so hard it will happen.

I am just finding it hard as everywhere I look there are pregnant people and pushchairs.

My husband said perhaps it will happen over Christmas while we are relaxed and enjoying the holiday season.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby kitten » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:57 pm

You'll never guess what....

I felt a twinge today have being having bad cramps all week and resigned myself to the fact I wasn't pregnant, but the twinge was like something I'd never felt before so I did a pregnancy test and guess what?

It was positive - I'm pregnant :)

It was actually a bit of shock despite it being what we want its a life changing moment and its still sinking in.

But this was an early pregnancy test and I've not missed a period yet.

My left abdomen feels tight and slightly painful like when I had the cyst so a little concerned about that - perhaps someone whose been pregnant can enlightened me if this is normal - feels like its going hard at times.
But I'll call the Dr in the morning and go in and see her so I can discuss my concerns, excitement, nevousness and argh kind of emotions lol.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby retrochav » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:22 pm

Let us know how you get on - fingers crossed for you!
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby kitten » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:34 pm

Thanks Retrochav.

I'm not telling family or friends yet as its too early but I had to "tell" someone and where better than friendly pp. Fingers crossed.

Its a strange sensation.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby peecee » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:19 pm

I'm nervously chewing my fingernails, hun! And imagine how THAT looks when you're trying to keep your fingers crossed... :o :wink:

Good luck at the doctor's - let us know what she says, won't you?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
pee
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:28 am

Congrats
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby brfc » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:54 am

thats great news kitten! good luck with everything :D
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:42 am

The twinges could well be related to the cyst, I had them all trhough my pregnancy becasue I too have a cyst on my ovary

I'm so pleased for you please keep us informed at all stages to let us know how your doing
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby kitten » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:47 am

Thanks Bel Bel thats reassured me. The pain is on my left side but I'll be sure to mention it when I see the Dr. I have Thurs and Friday off so will go then.

Thank you for all your congratulations and I'll keep you informed.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Pwif » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:10 pm

Hope everything works out well for you, Kitten. :P
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby pink stripes » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:49 pm

Aww congrats kitten! :D

hope everything works out :D