Just feeling a little down...

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Just feeling a little down...

Postby HappyGoLucky » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:36 pm

This girl who is one of my cousin's best friends knows me quite well since we were in the same group in camp. However, I found out there was this "movie marathon" thing going on today and I wasn't invited. I know that I may have been one of the others who were left out but I just feel a little hurt. :(

It could be because my cousin asked her not to, as my cousin has this strange thing about me. (see post in Family, And the Rest) My cousin is sometimes "okay" with me but sometimes appears sulky when she sees me and shows her "dislike" to me.

I know I may be one of the others left out but still...

Anyway, I just felt like saying it out. Just a little hurt and down. :(
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby pink stripes » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:35 pm

hiii -W3N-

Sorry to hear that you feel hurt and upset about - why not just go to the next one?

Or next social event with them?

--x
pink stripes
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby HappyGoLucky » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:35 am

Yea...but what if it's the same organisers or something and I'm not invited? :(

And I don't plan this kind of outings by myself, I prefer to plan it with others only I don't know who to plan it with!

My cousin came with us for dinner and she told me about it, saying who came and how fun it was there etc. And a great friend of mine smsed me and he was like : It is great !

And she also told me another great friend of mine was invited but then he couldn't make it. She told me he really really wanted to come etc.

I just feel left out and for goodness sake! She is my cousin and at least DON'T leave me out like that! I guess she planned it with her friend because well, they are best friends!
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: Just feeling a little down...

Postby retrochav » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:11 pm

That event has happened and cant be changed now, but you can change future outcomes.

You may have tried before, but maybe talking to your cousin when she is being decent may help. Try telling her that you enjoy the friendship and hope that you can build on it. If she turns funny, ask her why she is! Often it makes someone reflect when their nastiness requires explanation.

You have a very good friend, so could you organise something together. Its really just a case of setting a date, inviting people, and doing it. Accept that some people will decline, but those who go are responsible for their own feelings, so enjoy what you do without worrying about the happinesss of others - and do invite your cousin - two wrongs wont make a right.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Cheer me up!