Exhausted

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Exhausted

Postby PurePurple » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:17 pm

As some of you may know, I'm in my last year of school.. And to be honest i'm on the verge of breaking down. I have so much school work to do and not enough time. For example, I have to do 20 sheets of prep work for Art in 4 weeks. That's a double (1 hour 40 mins) and a single lesson (50 mins) at school, And by the time the day is over, I'm exhausted and I just don't have the patience for it.

I wake up at 6AM to do a paper round, And as if that isn't bad enough, school work is piled ontop also. All the teachers ever go on about is exams and college, and having two teacher parents is bad enough.

Rant over.
x
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby pink stripes » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:48 pm

hi PurePurple

Sorry to hear that you're feeling stressed atm - I've been in your position before so I know how you feel.

Could you drop the paper round - that way you don't have to wake up at 6 every morning - you get more sleep and you will feel alot more refreshed and ready for work

I know how stressful school work can be - I really do and at the end of the day there's no getting around it. Just try your best to keep on top of it because if you let it get on top of you then you will find it even harder

--x
pink stripes
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:53 pm

agree with pink stripes you have enough pressure this year without the paper round
try taking omega 3 supplyments - they really boost concentration
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby PurePurple » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:40 pm

Thanks for the advice about my paper round, But the parents will be nagging about how I haven't got any cash etc..

Ugh, This can't be happening
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby pink stripes » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:16 pm

could you ask to do the paper round in the evening?

:)

--x
pink stripes
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby PurePurple » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:29 am

I've tried but I have to get the bus from school and my Dad said i'd be late for it :-? :evil:
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:21 pm

Tell your parents you need to have a serious chat with them. Sit them down
Tell them you feel under servere pressure and feel it most important that you concentrate on your studies at the moment.
Tell them you have been crying and getting in a state and hopefully they will take you seriously
Tell them you are not being lazy but feel you just can't fit everything in at the moment and want to temporarily suspend the paper round.As trachers they should know how important wuality studing is not just fitting in what you can, that is not quality and you'll be wating your time
To prove your not trying to spounge you could offer to pay any money back you borrow now once you are working (at a reasonable set rate each week (say a tenth of your wage until it's cleared). You can get a diary and write in each time you borrow money and they can sign it so there are no arguements about what you borrowed at a later date
If you say it all like this they will see your serious and you have thought it all through

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:23 pm

and make sure you ask them for the chat at a good time
Not when they are watching their favorite programme or when then trying to cook dinner

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Cheer me up!