I've got Tonsillitis :(

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I've got Tonsillitis :(

Postby fairy of darkness » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:34 pm

Just need cheering up really.

i dont wanna stay in all weekend or stay off work. i need the money

WHY is life being a bit mean at the moment

x
Constantly moving
fairy of darkness
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Moose » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:34 pm

FOD! Stop right there! You MUST take some time to recover - I mean it! Two weeks ago today, I started feeling poorly with a temperature and sore throat, and by the Monday I was burning up with spots all over my tonsils. Went to the doctor, he gave me antibiotics, but silly Moose kept on going to work, feeling awful, and I never really got better. On Wednesday night this week I was up half the night throwing up, but went to work yesterday anyway because I had appointments booked and was worried about my sick record because I've been ill several times this year. This morning I woke up and my chest was absolutely killing, and because I hadn't eaten yesterday I felt awful, and I finally gave in and called in sick! Then my boss texted me to say I needed to rest and I would be fine! If you don't rest now, you really will get more ill later. Can you do any overtime later in the month to make up time you've missed? You'll end up having more time off later if you don't.....

Anyway, I bet that really cheered you up! :lol:
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby pink stripes » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:45 pm

Hey F_O_D

I agree with Moose here - you need to take things easy for a few days - take some time off and get better! :)

You will feel so much better. Have a duvet day, chill out and relax :)

Things always seem worse when you are ill. So do your self a favour and get better :)

:grouphug:

--x
pink stripes
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby peecee » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:15 pm

Grrrrrr - my company was in court this week, and our barrister had had tonsilitis for a week, he shouldn't even have been in court. I fed him with throat sweeties, but he started coughing halfway through. We lost.

The moral of this tale?

Get to bed with a bowl of ice cream and a pile of mags, hun, and STAY THERE!!! MooseY, same to you! [-X

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Or else...
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I've got Tonsillitis :(

Postby retrochav » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:34 pm

Assuming you arent alergic to it, arent pregnant or under 16, soluble aspirin is very effective for the pain and swelling - its NOT a cure, its only going to treat the symptoms.

Take the advice of the others, rest up. The tonsils swell as a first line defence against infection. If you push yourself too far you are heading for a chest infection as the virus/bacteria spreads to the lungs.

Ideally, visit your GP as antibiotics may well be appropriate in this instance to prevent a secondary infection. Advise your employers that if you work whilst ill, you may end up off sick for a prolonged period. You cant be sacked for genuine sickness as your employer leaves themselves open to tribunal - thats not to say they cannot disipline you for repeated short term "sickies".
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby fairy of darkness » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:45 am

Yeh i went to the doctors yeserday, hence how i knew i had it. So im drugged up on penicillin and paracetamol for a week. Today im already beginning to feel a lot better! My throat feels like its bin cut with a knife, but most of the other symptoms like not being able to move out of bed have gone away!

I know this is really rank, but i think i sweated it all out last night! My hair is all frizzy from it LOL.

But yeah im just gonna have to not go to work today or party tonight :( ill just have to make next weekend EXTRA specially good to make up for it :)

thanks for all the advice guys

love

F.O.D
xxx
Constantly moving
fairy of darkness
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby brfc » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:55 am

Get to bed with a bowl of ice cream and a pile of mags, hun, and [b]STAY THERE [-X

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Or else...

even though i havnt got tonsil doo da ill try peecees suggestion :D
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby HappyGoLucky » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:32 am

Aha! brfc, that is expected! :lol:

Hmm...Maybe it's a pretty good idea after all! :D

FOD, I hope you'll get better and be up and about soon! :)
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby fairy of darkness » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:50 pm

Thanks guys :)

Now all the symptoms of it have gone. Except the fact that it feels like i have a knife through my throat.... haha other than that though im feeling tons better :)

thanks for everything

x
Constantly moving
fairy of darkness
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby pink stripes » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:53 pm

Hi F_OD :)

Glad to hear you're feeling better :)

--x
pink stripes
Part of the Furniture