Quitting Smoking!

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby captainf » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:17 pm

Take pride in the fact that you didnt light up despite having the urge to. It will actually get easier for you now because you managed to say 'no' to the addiction and the more you can do that, the more confident you will become and will no longer rely on cigs. You're doing a good job and keep your eye on the goal of a healthier future. :D
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby londonguy » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:19 pm

You'll get there. You're a strong character. I can see that from your posts.

I used to smoke in college, ran for the train and coughed really bad and thought, enough is enough.

The fact that you've made the decision to quit is such a turning point.

Think of all the cash that you'll save.
londonguy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby HappyGoLucky » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:24 am

Hey retrochav.

Congrats on deciding to quit smoking. Although I don't smoke, I know it's tough to get rid of this addiction. You're doing great now.

Good Luck! :D
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby peecee » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:20 pm

How's it going today, hun?

I can keep these cartoons going until you scream "ENOUGH, PEE!!!!!!!!!" :wink:
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:10 am

Eh? Was a post of mine deleted? Im sure peecee mentioned pwif in this topic and I responded.... now its gone? :-?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby peecee » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:33 am

Nothing sinister, hun! :D

Pwif deleted her comment, so I deleted mine and yours, in order not to make retrochav's thread disjointed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HappyGoLucky » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:06 am

Lol, Peecee. That's a number of cartoons you've posted! :D
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby captainf » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:07 pm

lol! Sorry. I got confused because I was thinking 'Im sure I posted in this topic in reply to one of peecees comments' lol.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Pwif » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:50 pm

captain_flynn wrote:Eh? Was a post of mine deleted? Im sure peecee mentioned pwif in this topic and I responded.... now its gone? :-?

Sorry. When I read my comment afterwards, I thought it sounded really stupid, so I zapped it. :oops:

I used to smoke, because everyone around me smoked. We'd hand the ciggies round, and you knew where we were by the cloud of smoke hanging over our heads. I suddenly realised how much I was smoking, so I tried to distance myself from other smokers. It wasn't easy, because the smokers were my work colleagues and social friends. The first few days were the worst, because I not only had the tobacco withdrawal symptoms, but also felt socially excluded from the crowd. I had to change what I did each day, and who I saw. It did get easier, and now I'm a non-smoker.

I think you're doing very well, so keep it up. Think of all the money you're saving, and what you'll spend that extra cash on. :P
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby peecee » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:14 am

Pwif wrote:I think you're doing very well, so keep it up. Think of all the money you're saving, and what you'll spend that extra cash on. :P

cream buns? Just don't tell anyone! :P

Are you keeping a diary, hun? Even if you write down "dammit! I smoked 2 fags today, and I can't tell PP", or "I stood next to someone smoking a cigar today, and I just HAD to give them a hug *swoon*". I find that sort of diary SO helpful; even when I'm writing down my "failures", it puts them into perspective, and makes me understand what was going on at the time.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby peecee » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:27 am

Weeeeeeeeelllllll.....? :)
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jampot » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:59 pm

oh dear, i'm quitting smoking in two days.... i've tried all sorts before and it didnt help. can anyone give me advice?

i'm quitting with a friend, and to be honest i don't think he'll keep it up. to be even more honest i think i'll cave in first.
That's Me!
jampot
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby phunkyvida » Fri May 16, 2008 5:25 am

My parents found out I smoke and now they are pressuring me to quit. I want to quit as well so it came at a good time I suppose. My Father smokes and I just feel like grabbing a ciggy out of his hands or finishing the half smoked ciggaretes in the ash tray.

What do I do?
My Mum is satrting to make me feel really guilty!
Se spargete le spine non camminano con verso l'esterno i pattini
phunkyvida
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby captainf » Fri May 16, 2008 8:47 pm

Maybe you can talk to your mum and say that you want to quit and ask for her assistance and support? Sounds like a good opportunity to quit before it becomes a long term, uncontrollable addiction.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Steve1213284 » Tue May 27, 2008 8:50 am

Although I've never smoked I admire people who want to quit because I assume it's one of the toughest things that you can do. Maybe quite the same as if I want quit on meat.

Funny to read the trick with the cocktail sticks because a friend of mine did the same thing and said that he just needed something to hold on to. What also might help you is to put every time you would have bought cigarettes the money in a box. You didn't need it before so you can save it and - depending on how much you used to smoke - after a while there might be some money that you can use to buy something nice. :)
Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose. - Tom Krause
Steve1213284
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Previous

Return to Cheer me up!