Give me some good news

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Give me some good news

Postby missyx » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:30 pm

Hi all,
Feeling very very low today. I hate New Year. Last night was pretty rubbish. Went to hubby's families' party, but hubby was in one of his moods, paid attention to everyone except me all night. He gave everyone in the room a 'new year kiss' except me as he 'can do that any time'.

I volunteered to be designated driver, so got the pleasure of watching everyone get sloshed whilst I sat nursing a coke. Don't normally mind as I don't drink much usually, but could have really done with a drink last night.

Spent most of the evening missing my family and trying to plaster on a big smile and pretend I was happy.

Also had to listen to most of hubby's family telling me I picked the wrong brother, which those of you who have been following my 'crush on brother in law' thread in boyfriend category will realise was a bit close to home. Could explain hubby's mood though!

Then had a really bad night's sleep and feel like rubbish this morning.

Oh, and final straw - bought a new long-lasting lipstick for the party. Looked great, stayed on well. And kept staying on. Blimin' stuff won't come off - I look like a clown this morning!

Anyway... anyone got anything good going on?
Missy
x
missyx
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Re: Give me some good news

Postby retrochav » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:31 pm

Hi,

Well having been with my gay family all day, enjoying myself but feeling lonely as they all have goregous boyfriends (we all have the same taste in men!!) I left to have dinner with a straight mate.

All the usual "your such a nice bloke, you'll meet a nice guy soon" stuff was getting me down to be honest. I go out, have a nice time, only to have a chinese waiter after me! Lovely guy but not my type at all, especially as he thought i was a "council estate geezer" just because i dress chav like!!!

I wear eye liner because i have bright blue eyes and it sets them off (if i dont, people think i'm ill!!!) sausage stuff nan bought me made me look like amy winehouse because it isnt waterproof - something grandad thought hillarious when i rolled in at 5am!

In the case you describe, I state as i have before - stick with it. You husband could well be feeling really low compared with his sparkling brother and probably needs support.

Ask you husband for that kiss today, and give him a confidence boost if you can. I appreciate your brother-in -law seems all that, but with things as bad as they are, anyone could appear that way. A wrong move could leave you in my position of lonely person typing away here on new years day!!!
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby brfc » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:01 pm

i was working most of new years eve and me and my partner decided too have a night in with a few drinks. i was kinda thinking that it was bit of a boring way too spend new years eve but i really enjoyed it especially as at midnight my little 8 month old son was awake and we stood in the garden watching the fireworks. it made me so happy seeing his eyes wide open with amazement smile on his face seeing the sparkly fireworks. couldnt ask for a better way to start 2008 :)
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:50 pm

My start has been pretty awful
My cousin committed suicide (left two small children behind) and my uncle is dying of cancer
Plus the heating got stuck on and is really noisey so I never slept all night and had all these dark thoughts swimming round my head and I felt really paniky and alone

I am a very positive person but the start has not been good I just hope all the bad luck will get out of the way vey quickly and some better things will come to pass

I am glad you had a bit of a magical one brfc. Enjoy your little one, they grow so quick
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Cheer me up!