Fed up! Caught Speeding!! =(

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Fed up! Caught Speeding!! =(

Postby The Lost Soldier » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:27 am

Today on the way back from a gig I got flashed by a speed camera!! I was hardly speeding, I was doing 50 in a 40 so yes I was speeding, but I didn't notice the camera's because I was mainly concentratin on getting out of Birmingham alive!

I'm 18 and this is the 1st thing like this thats happened, I'll have been driving for a year in a fortnight.

Is there a very very small chance it flashed but it's still a fake camera? does that actually happen?

and does people know what i'll get? 3 points? a fine? my girlfriends mum was offered to go to a speeding meeting type thing instead of the points.

I know I am now on 3 out of 6 if this does come through! for the next year.

How long are the points on for 3 years?

I'm really annoyed I am always careful with my driving and I was going at a comfortable speed! but hey life goes on, nothing I can do about it now!

Would like to know if people know what I asked above though.

On the positive side, I got a job today getting paid £9 a visit to go round pubs seeing if they ask for ID, how cool does that sound! =)

So I'm happy and I saw a gig in Birmingham which was really good, but thats really but a big downer on the whole evening!

TLS
The Lost Soldier
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby bellajennie » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:18 am

As far as I know, you'll likely get three points and a £60 fine (unless it has gone up in the last few years). As far as the drivers' meetings go, I think this is a policy of some city councils depending on the speed you were caught going. It is likely that, as you were going more than 10% of the allowed limit (i.e. over 44mph) that you will receive a fine and points. I suspect that if you were definitely flashed then you will have been caught, I've never known fake cameras to actually flash.

If you do receive the points, you will have 3 out of the 6 allowed in the early part of driving. I suggest you make sure you stay within 10% of the speed limit at all times. Yes the points will be wiped after a certain time, but remember if these ones do go on, you will be banned from driving if you are caught again in your 6 point allowance period.
The World is Your Oyster - If only you could get the damn thing open!
bellajennie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Weasley » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:39 pm

I think it all depends how much you were doing over the limit as to how many points you get, but you have to be extra specially carefull when you first start driving as you only get 6 points in your first 2 years!
You may be lucky and find there wasn't a film in the camera but then again, you may find there was. I think the above is correct, you'll get 3 points and a fine. Always ask them to prove how fast you were going as there was that guy on a bike who got caught doing 42 in a 30 zone and when he got the photo back he worked it out and he was actually only doing 27!
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:45 pm

The points count for 4 years but stay on your license for 5 before you can take them off
I just passed the 5 year stage so had a clean licence sent through, at a cost
When you get the letter read it all because mine said i was excessively speeding and i would get 9 points and £1000 fine then right at the bottom it said 3 points and £60 if I paid within 14 dyas. Send the cheque by recorded delivery or pay on line and keep the proof of payment reference you are quoted in case of later dispute
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby FrostbiteHG » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:05 pm

hi

Been there done that, post gig high and you forget everything. can say though, because you were flashed, it does NOT mean you will get done, all cameras are active but only some are kitted out with film, some are always active ie blackspots, some are on a rota basis, I think they have to inform you within 14 days, not sure on that one though, but if you aint heard yet, I'd start smiling

Frosty

ex Frosty on drums
FrostbiteHG
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:45 pm

If it makes you feel any better I failed my driving test for speeding. I did 25 in a 20 zone, and because it was in a school it was a straight fail. Other than that I would have passed with hardly any minors and I have a poor little car sitting at home on the drive feeling sad because it hasn't been out in ages!
crumpetsandtea
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Cheer me up!