Is something wrong with me?

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Is something wrong with me?

Postby moonstone » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:16 pm

Hi who ever is reading this. This isn't a big problem it's just that people tend to treat me different because my skin colour is a paler white than everyone elses. it's not white white just more of a porclain colour. is it just because everyone seems to be in to getting tanned or something.
And any guys that are reading this does it put you off going out with a girl who is fair skinned or not?be honest i can take the truth.Would be greatful for your honest oppinions.Thanx.
moonstone
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby weatherman78 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:48 pm

Hi there, welcome to PP

Do they actually treat you different? or are u over thinking it a little maybe?
The paler look is good as it seems to be making a comeback recently! The porcelain doll look is in, and the wrinkly tanned leather skin look is out! :lol:

Guys will tend to go for clear complexion, good eye contact, a great smile... and above all confidence!

Don’t worry about the colour of ur skin, u will probably find that the people around you are envious of you!

wm
weatherman78

Postby morris mouse » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:40 am

weatherman78 wrote:Guys will tend to go for good eye contact, a great smile... and above all confidence

Hello there!!!

Welcome to PP!! :D

"weatherman78" is right :) Don't worry about your skin colour.
I'm male,and what counts for me is personality (& loads of it :) )
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby HappyGoLucky » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:21 pm

I'm a girl and I wish I was fairer but I've just been under the sun for about 3 hours and my skin will probably be Dark Dark DARK! :lol:

It's mainly the personality that counts. Remember, everyone is beautiful in their own way and your porcelain colour of your skin is probably one of your great unique features! (It's not like you see people with lovely fair skin everyday!)

Be confident and instead of thinking it's ODD to have such fair skin, why not think: It's Unique to have such fair skin! 8)
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:41 pm

My sister is really pale and has a skin condition which makes her skin feel like she has permanent goose bumps.
She used t worry loads no one would want her but boys literally fight over her. Latest b/f is just short of obsessive with her
So no don't worry it might put someone off but if it does they aren't worth it
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby crumpetsandtea » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:52 pm

Pale skin is gorgeous! To be honest I think it looks so much more classier than a big orange tan. Look at people like Dita Von Teese and Nicole Kidman, and god knows how many others.
One of my friends is really pale and has lovely rosy cheeks and she looks so fresh and different amongst the big sea of orange people you tend to see.

Embrace it! I bet your porcelain skin is absolutely stunning.
crumpetsandtea
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby PurePurple » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:05 pm

I have to say I am female, And you should be proud you have porcelain skin. It looks more natural compared to the big orange tans you see, And tans gone wrong. Be proud :D
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby morris mouse » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:26 am

PurePurple wrote: It looks more natural compared to the big orange tans you see. Be proud :D

I agree with "PurePurple"
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Cheer me up!