In need of a spot of cheer

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

In need of a spot of cheer

Postby CrystalStarr » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:09 pm

Hello and good day/eve to you all. I thought this was an appropriate place to post as I am very much in need of some cheering up. I think I'm going to be dumped... again... for the millionth time in my life. I just feel really dark and rubbishy, have really low self-esteem, low confidence and am sick of the fact that no matter how many times it happens, I still NEVER LEARN from my relationship mistakes. It's like I'm some sort of sadist who insists on torturing myself over and over. Plus my mood swings are horrific, I think maybe because of my pill although I'm not sure, could just be me.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to feel better?
CrystalStarr
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby brfc » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:15 pm

a nice radox bath and a hairbrush to sing into while you play gloria gaynors i will survive! works for me lol :D hope things pick up for you take care brfc x
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby PurePurple » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:30 am

Definantly can't beat a relaxing bath with some feel good tunes 8)
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:32 am

Could make some suggestions but I think it would be better to deal with your low self esteem so you don't let this happen again.
The problem is when you have low self esteem you allow unsavory types to be with you because you need the attention of someone.
cognitive therapy could help you change that.
The pill could definately be a contributor to the mood swings so have a chat with the doctor or nurse and ty something else.
Also start taking starflower or super strength evening primrose, avaiable in any health food shop. It has helped loads of people I know with mood swings. Give it 6- 8 weeks before you give up on it though, it can work faster but with some poeple takes two cycles to get into their system really well.
Alos write down a few things you like about yourself and read them every day, you need to try to change your negative thinking.
Keep away from men for the time being as they ar unlikely to help only make things worse.
Once you have more confidence you will start be more choosey about your men and hopefully you'll pick a better one who treats you nice
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby weatherman78 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:06 pm

Hi there,

I agree with Bel Bel, especially without knowing the type of guys that you are going for, and ultimately getting dumped by; why it must be your low self esteem making the choices for you.

Again once you are feeling better about yourself and know maybe a little better about who you are, where you want to be – then you may see guys a little differently, which may help cut out the losers! :-?

I will say that there are some great guys out there, and I hope that you find one soon!

All the best

Wm xx
weatherman78

Postby CrystalStarr » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Thank you so much for all of your replies. It really did cheer me up :)
Bel Bel - I think you're very right in what you say about my self-esteem, it's something I need to address, and thanks for the tips on starflower / evening primrose - I'm definitely going to try that if it might help with my moods.
Thanks again everyone!
CrystalStarr
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Cheer me up!