I give up. I am so un-happy and need to change.

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I give up. I am so un-happy and need to change.

Postby DJ » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:26 pm

I hate who I am.

I hate that I'm so aggressive and fiery, and now because of it I might lose my job. I'm dealing with the work situation alone because my parents have bailed me out enough.

I'm scared I'm not going to get to Uni in a few months. I work so hard, and especially in the most recent exams, and I was disappointed in my grades.

I just feel like where ever I go I do things wrong and I upset people, get people's backs up, annoy them, and am generally an awful person to be around.

I know that we should never change for anyone, but I really need to. I feel like such an awful person. When I try to not be, I always end up putting my foot in it anyway, and now I might lose my job. I don't even mean to be aggressive. It just happens. I do try and contain it, and my form tutor said to me today "you have got better,instead of counting to one...now you count to two...we just need to get you to count to ten.."
I dunno how I will tell my parents that I lost my job if it happens.

I reallt don't know what to do...Please help.
DJ
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: I give up. I am so un-happy and need to change.

Postby HappyGoLucky » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:35 pm

You posted this in another thread. The whole thing is nearly the same so I think it'd be better to stick to one thread...anyway...

I've typed most of the things in the previous post but I would like to add something else.

DJ wrote:I just feel like where ever I go I do things wrong and I upset people, get people's backs up, annoy them, and am generally an awful person to be around.

You seem quite stressed. I am sure you don't mess up in EVERYTHING. Unfortunately, you seem to have a very negative opinion of yourself. :( I really think you need counselling.

DJ wrote:I know that we should never change for anyone, but I really need to. I feel like such an awful person. When I try to not be, I always end up putting my foot in it anyway, and now I might lose my job. I don't even mean to be aggressive. It just happens. I do try and contain it, and my form tutor said to me today "you have got better,instead of counting to one...now you count to two...we just need to get you to count to ten.."
I dunno how I will tell my parents that I lost my job if it happens.

I think this is all due to stress and low self-esteem. Listen to the positive words of your form tutor: "You have got better,instead of counting to one...now you count to two...we just need to get you to count to ten.." If you can count to two, I'm sure you can count to ten!

You have not lost your job. Do not think about it. Instead, focus on improving your self-esteem and think more positively. I am sure your parents will be supportive. You sound like you've worked hard, especially for your exams. I know what a disappointment it is not to have done as well as you wanted too, but be proud that you actually worked for it.

You are not alone. There are people who are worst off. Take Care.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby peecee » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:17 pm

HGL is right - keep your posts in the same thread, hun, and it'll be easier for other PPers to understand your problem and reply.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
pee
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Cheer me up!