Really down...

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Really down...

Postby PurePurple » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:13 pm

Hi all, I just need some reassurance or cheering up please.

My friends just seem to be arguing with each other and it's like they're both talking into my ear, and i'm stuck in the middle, because i'm forced to say 2 different things in order to help them both, Most of our group of about 10 seems to be really unhappy..

I'm pressured with coursework deadlines, and I fear i'm not going to pass my GCSE's :(

Arghh! So frustrating.
Last edited by PurePurple on Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby brfc » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:13 am

hey purple

sorry to hear things arnt going too well at the mo. i remember doing my gcse,s and it is a very stressfull time.

hard also when your freinds are arguing with each other. myb just tell them no offence but i just want to be left out of any silly arguing thats going on beetween them. tell them you dont want to take sides and just want to be left to enjoy all of there freindship.

if you ever need a chat contact me anytime always happy too listen :)

hope it all gets better for you hun

take care brfc x
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby HappyGoLucky » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:21 pm

Oh I'm sorry to hear you're going through a rough time. Maybe you can try telling them gently that you don't want to get involved in their arguments.

Everyone feels the pressure when the GSCE's are coming nearer. Just remember that all the pressure will be gone when it's all over.

Hope things gets better for you. :)

Take Care.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby captainf » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:32 pm

If they're arguing against eachother you could turn that to an advantage to actually solve the whole dispute if they're all coming to you. You can orientate your advice so that it works out well for all and actually solves things rather than listening to them moan about eachother constantly. Maybe even get them all together to talk things through. I know you and your friends are young but sitting down and talking problems through shows maturity and character.

As for your GCSE's, just get revising and focus your energy on that. You will pass but you have to put the effort in (which I am sure you are doing already)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: Really down...

Postby HappyGoLucky » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:48 am

PurePurple wrote:My friends just seem to be arguing with each other and it's like they're both talking into my ear, and i'm stuck in the middle, because i'm forced to say 2 different things in order to help them both, Most of our group of about 10 seems to be really unhappy..

Okay, now I know how it really feels like. This just happened to me today. I'm not really sure what to do but I'm trying to use this as an advantage to solve it. I'm not sure if it's working, but I'm still trying.

Hope you feel better now. :)
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby PurePurple » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:33 pm

captain_flynn wrote:If they're arguing against eachother you could turn that to an advantage to actually solve the whole dispute if they're all coming to you. You can orientate your advice so that it works out well for all and actually solves things rather than listening to them moan about eachother constantly.

Thankyou for that advice C_F, Me being me, I didn't think to turn the advice round so they could make-up lol.
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Cheer me up!