Advice needed!!!!!

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Advice needed!!!!!

Postby FoxiPoxi » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:16 am

Hey I need advice please can you help me!!!!!

I'm so confused in my head I don't know what to do. I have ADHD and people think I'm strange put I'm just like a normal person I don't have it that bad. My downfall is paying bills, but now I'm getting help with it. I don't understand why people can be so nasty and don't want you to life a normal life and be locked up. I have this really nice caring boyfriend who cares for me a lot, and I know some day's its hard work with me because I'm hyper and my family gets really funny about going out with me and stuff... Like tomorrow night it my sister's party and I got the 3rd degree tonight how to behave and stuff I have had enough of it now...
FoxiPoxi
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby snail » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:44 am

I don't know that much about ADHD, but is there a support group you could join, even if it's online? Could you ask your GP, or whoever's in charge of your care, about support groups?

Your family probably forget that you can't help the way you behave. I'm sure they love you, but perhaps they just get a bit worn down by it. Remind them that you always do the best you can (assuming that's true of course!).
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lorna » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:14 pm

I have Aspergers and one of the co-morbids of it is ADHD - apparently I'm borderline ADHD, my brain is constantly on the go, I get really hyperactive, I tend to say what I think without any real thought of the consequences... I have awful impulse control too. A lot of the time I need to work out how to behave because I'd probably do something daft. I frequently put my foot in my mouth because my mouth has a tendency to shoot off before my brain engages. I think it can be fun at times personally but it depends on who you're around. Some people just don't get it, but there's no point being around those people because they wouldn't appreciate the full package that is you anyway!

When people tell you how to behave they're usually doing it in a loving way. They just don't want you to do anything that might make you embarrass yourself. I need to do things like make lists and adhere to them to stop me doing destructive things. A big part of it is taking the advice given - you might think initially there's no point to it, but don't discard it too quickly, it may come in useful.

There will also be ADHD groups online, I'm a member of various Aspergers ones.
lorna
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Cheer me up!