Ex colleague RIP

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Ex colleague RIP

Postby Angelic » Sun May 11, 2008 10:15 pm

This is going to be a strange post.

Someone I used to know through work hung himself last week. It was about 5 years ago when we worked in the same place but we had bumped into each other over the years and last few months. We always had a chat and he was talking to me for about 1/2 hour one day while I was at work in current job. One of the last times I saw him he wasn't his usual cheery self. He was only 21 years old.

I just feel so sad about it and I don't know why. I kind of feel quilty for feeling sad about it as its not like we were really good friends or anything like that. Maybe it's because he was so young and he was clearly struggling to cope with something that drove him to do what he did. It was obviously a premeditated decision by where he had gone. He was a sweet lad. RIP

Just needed to tell someone how I feel I guess.
Angelic
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Angelic » Sun May 11, 2008 10:37 pm

Another wierd thing I just remembered. I was out riding (my horse) last Thursday afternoon past my field and looking at the trees, I thought to myself how awful it would be if someone decided to hang themselves in one of my fields. I know this aounds exceptionally warped but it went through my head.

I found out Friday what he had done and that he was found on Thursday afternoon at the same time I was out and had the above thought.

I don't know what made me think of that in the first place but it is rather disturbing. Now I just sound like a nutter too!
Angelic
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby snail » Sun May 11, 2008 11:28 pm

God that's awful, Angelic. No wonder you feel dreadful. Anyone would feel sad about this. I feel really sad just reading it and I didn't even know the person. It's just such a tragedy, given his age, and such a shock for you - it's not the sort of thing you expect.

There's nothing anyone can say, really. You'll feel a bit better as the shock wears off.

:grouphug:
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angelic » Tue May 20, 2008 9:36 pm

Thank you for the reply Snail. I don't know why I feel so down about it. Am starting to feel more myself again now. Was feeling very low Friday and Saturday. I sent a card to his parents to say saddened to hear about him and to let them know that I thought he was a nice lad etc.

It is his funeral tomorrow, I won't be going but will be thinking about him.
Angelic
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby lilessexgal » Wed May 21, 2008 4:08 pm

at the end of the day you still spoke to him and was friendly with him so to hear that someone you use to know who was a nice person has died is going to be upsetting.

i hope you feel better soon.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Ex colleague RIP

Postby smallville » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:02 pm

not much to say to that except its a tragedy and reminds you to live each day to the fullest.
smallville
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Cheer me up!