Feeling fed up

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Feeling fed up

Postby dawolf » Sat May 31, 2008 8:57 pm

I seem to be going through a bad patch right now. I think it's possibly a number of things (recently had a nasty virus and work's been stressful) but the main reason being that I'm fed up of being single. It's been about 10 months since I split up with my ex g/f, I feel that I'm mostly over it now although I do still think about her quite a lot. It's not even that I want to get back with her because I know it wouldn't work but I really miss her company. I've had about 3 dates this year but haven't met anyone I've really clicked with as yet. I did visit a lap dancing club recently (my mate's suggestion) and I ended up chatting to a charming girl who seemed very nice and genuine. I was tempted to ask for her number before I left but decided against it as I know it's frowned upon and I understand that these dancers probably try to show some interest in the hope that you'll pay for more dances. So, although it was a decent night out I woke up the next day feeling somewhat disappointed.

Today I went out clothes shopping and I couldn't help noticing all the young, happy, attractive couples and feeling like rubbish. You know that feeling that you're the only single person out there.

I guess I just feel like I don't have any direction in life right now, I'm just ticking along doing my job and then coming home. I don't even go out much as my mates are in long-term relationships and don't have much spare time. I live with parents so I'm not totally alone but I do feel I'd like to go out a bit more and have some fun.

Anyone got any advice on what I can do to help myself?
dawolf
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby miaow » Sat May 31, 2008 11:47 pm

i know the feeling of 'im the only single person out here and everyone else is loved up'!

We all get it at some point and its cause your actively looking about, try to focus on different things, surely all of your mates cant be in relationships and never do anything as mates - only as couples? I have mates in relationships and we still have girly nites out etc, i've just been to magaluf with a mate and we both are in relationships!

Have you tried joining a dating agency? one of my mates has joined one online and although she hasnt met anyone she really likes she has been out on dates and has enjoyed the company and getting to know more people - better than sitting in!!!!!

xxx
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby brfc » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:11 am

also try other things your interested in. join a group theres lots out there. i found a group last night that you can do voluntry work for just helping out in the countryside etc doing things and you meet lots of new people that you would have the same interests in. beats sitting around.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby dawolf » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:02 pm

Thanks for comments. I think I'm just in a phase of 'finding myself'. I've never had that many close mates and because of that I do feel bored and lonely sometimes. I know that's not a reason to get into a relationship though. Think I might try speed dating though, sounds like fun.
dawolf
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:37 am

I was going to suggest speed dating and if nothing else you might meet some nice people to hang out with

There are also these singles holidays you go on. everyone who goes is single and so you all make the effort to make friends
A guy at my work does it and he has made loads of friends and always has a really good time
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Cheer me up!