Resolved

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Resolved

Postby rufio89 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:48 pm

resolved
Last edited by rufio89 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:49 pm

The problem you describe doesn't sound like an age gap thing at all.
I think you ar two very different people. He sounds like he copes with things much more "what will be will be" and "if i'm not happy move on" kind of attitude.
You seem more clingy to things you think are important to you, maybe sensitive, maybe just more cautious.
The house, I agree with you boyfriend it's just a house but even so it's stirred up these feelings with you and you need to be able to shake them off - If you were focused more on the fact you had bad memories then you would be glad your parents had moved away. The fact is you have a mixture of feelings from living there but you choose to focus on the negative.
On the Job issue you can't be settled unless you find something permanent but you don't want to sacrifice the little comforts that job gives you. Even if you found a permanent job , no job is truly permanent and circumstances can change very quickly to make the position or even the whole company disappear. You found friends at this job so why couldn't you do it again?
If you don't move on and remain happy in your position and it does end you can always temp until something more permanent comes along.
Your boyfriend probably just can't see your point of view because he just think the same way as you and maybe the benefit of experience has taught him you can worry so much but if it's not productive and doesn't change anything then worrying is just a waste of time
Try to focus on what you can change to imrpove things, like you said you will move when the lease is up so that is a positive thing to look forward to
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Cheer me up!