My sister lied to me....

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My sister lied to me....

Postby PurePurple » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:27 am

Hi all,

Just need a rant to be honest. My sister has recently told me something that she kept from me for 2 years.. She broke up with her bf of 2 years due to him promising to come down, but never did, And she was constantly upset etc..

However, She left me an offline message on MSN saying "Hey sis, I really need to talk to you, this will make or break us, you might hate my guts when I tell you, You might stand by me, I love you :) xxxx"

So when she came online, I asked her what it was that she wanted to tell me.. Here's what she told me:

1) I never met Josh (She told me she'd met him once, And lost her virginity to him)
2) Josh doesnt exist
3) It was Jodie all along pretendin to be someone called Josh cos she was confused about her sexuality
4) I did things on webcam, and on the phone and I feel flippin disgusted with myself cos I didnt have a clue
5) Someone rung the house fone, and asked for Josh, the dad sed 'Im sorry...Josh? i think u have the wrong number'
6) Jodie admitted it all

She said to me she doesn't know why I don't hate her guts. I'm not angry with her because obviously she had alot of trust, I'm extremley disappointed, And the fact that she didn't even tell me? We're extremley close and tell each other everything and that's no word of a lie. I just can't get over why she would want to keep this from me :S

Rant over
x
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby all_apologies » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:57 pm

Hey purple, not sure I really follow everything that you've written, but I think I got the jist. Your sister made up a boyfriend in order to prevent anyone suspecting she may not be straight, right? Well, it's not the end of the world. Sounds like it started off as a white lie and spiralled out of control for her.

She's had the guts to finally admit it to you, which is great. After all, she could have just split up with the imaginary lad and never have had to mention him again. Her lies weren't meant to hurt you, it seems they were just a coping mechanism for something she obviously felt she couldn't deal with at the time.

Now that she's a bit older, she sounds like she's now starting to hadle her own issues better (hence coming clean with you). I reckon you should tell her that you understand why she lied, but that there was no need for her to have done so. If she sees that you're supportive of her, hopefully she'll be more honest about her problems in the future.
Last edited by all_apologies on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:20 am

I pretty much agree with all_apologies. Although I am also confused about your post a little bit. Who is (or who was) Josh meant to be? Your sisters boyfriend?
As for your point 4 with the webcam, was it you doing stuff on the webcam? for someone else or for "Josh".
You need to fill in a few more details for us to get the whole picture.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby PurePurple » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:29 am

all_apologies wrote:Hey purple, not surely I really follow everything that you've written, but I think I got the jist. Your sister made up a boyfriend in order to prevent anyone suspecting she may not be straight, right?

No, She didn't make him up it was the girl Jodie who pretended to be him, But my sister didn't know at the time. (My sister has a boyfriend now btw)

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:Although I am also confused about your post a little bit. Who is (or who was) Josh meant to be? Your sisters boyfriend?
As for your point 4 with the webcam, was it you doing stuff on the webcam? for someone else or for "Josh".

Josh was meant to be my sister's boyfriend, She told me she'd met him and lost her V to him, But really she hadn't at all, And it was Jodie who made up Josh because she was confused about her sexuality. And no, It wasn't me doing stuff on the webcam - I didn't know "Josh" at the time.
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: My sister lied to me....

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:08 am

PurePurple wrote:3) It was Jodie all along pretendin to be someone called Josh cos she was confused about her sexuality

ah from your original post I'd assumed Jodie was your sister's name. It makes more sense now :).

PurePurple wrote:4) I did things on webcam, and on the phone and I feel flippin disgusted with myself cos I didnt have a clue

By this I assumed you did stuff on webcam; do you mean your sister did for "Josh" if so and she didn't know Josh was Jodie, obviously "Josh" 'didn't' have a webcam to play back, therefore no one could have known about Josh.

PurePurple wrote:5) Someone rung the house fone, and asked for Josh, the dad sed 'Im sorry...Josh? i think u have the wrong number'

By this I thought that someone had called your house phone asking for Josh (this was when I thought your sister was pretending to be Josh), so does it mean that someone (e.g. your sister) called the number "Josh" had given her to speak to Josh?
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby all_apologies » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:35 am

I assumed Jodie was your sister, too. Well, it sounds like she was duped as much as you were. Maybe she did consider at the time that this "Josh" was a kind of online boyfriend. Then she bent the truth, acting as though he was a real life boyfriend. Why, who knows? To impress you maybe? Or to make herself feel more grown up? Those are issues you can work out with her if you feel the need.

Anyway, I guess she was shocked to find out that this boy she had trusted wasn't who he said he was at all, and I still think it was brave of her to come clean about it. You're probably not getting the whole picture though. I think it strange that Jodie would reveal her true identity after so long rather than just cutting your sister off. Surely that would have saved her a whole lot of embarrassment. I think you should just forget about the whole thing and move on from it. Hopefully your sister will have already learned a lesson about trusting people online and deceiving the people around her.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pwif » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:10 pm

I have to admit I'm totally confused.

I thought from your original post that Jodie was your sister who was confused about her sexuality. Also, that it was your sis (Jodie) who bent the truth about her 'relationship' with her bf, Josh. :-? But it appears that Josh doesn't actually exist at all??

Who is Jodie?

Can I ask how old your sis is? Does she still live at home? It sounds as if you two have a good relationship, so hopefully she'll open up more to you in the future.
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby PurePurple » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:49 pm

I'll try and make my post a little clearer for you;
My sister (Kendall) said this on MSN (She's straight btw, And is currently in a relationship)
"Hey sis, I really need to talk to you, this will make or break us, you might hate my guts when I tell you, You might stand by me, I love you xxxx"

The following numbered points are also what my sister said to me on MSN;
1) I never met Josh (She told me she'd met him once, And lost her virginity to him)
2) Josh doesnt exist
3) It was Jodie all along pretendin to be someone called Josh cos she was confused about her sexuality
4) I did things on webcam, and on the phone and I feel flippin disgusted with myself cos I didnt have a clue
5) Someone rung the house fone, and asked for Josh, the dad sed 'Im sorry...Josh? i think u have the wrong number'
6) Jodie admitted it all

And lastly, My sister rang "Josh"/Jodie's housephone, Asking for Josh, And "Josh's" (Jodie's) Dad said "Josh.. I'm sorry I think you've got the wrong number"

Then Jodie admitted everything, Saying she faked "Josh"

In reply to dipsydoodlenoodle
The Numbered points are what my sister said to me on MSN

Pwif -
Jodie is the girl who pretended to be Josh
And My sister is nearly 19, And no she doesn't live at home

Please tell me if this still isn't clear
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Pwif » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:12 am

Ah, so your sis didn't know Jodie? I understand now. I thought from your original post that Jodie was a friend of Kendall's, and because Jodie wasn't sure about her own sexuality, she pretended to be someone called Josh. I presume that Kendall hadn't spoken to Josh over the phone at all, so Jodie managed to get away with the lie for such a long time. So long as your sis is happy with her new bf, no harm done. :P
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:45 am

It makes sense now :-). In your original post it wasn't clear about the numbered points, but now saying your sister had said them makes sense.

There has been no harm done really; so long as no one was hurt then its ok.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:24 am

i think your sister just needed to tell ome how bad she felt about the web cam stuff - it will teach her a good lesson so i agree no harm done really
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Cheer me up!