stranded

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

stranded

Postby skittlesgirl23 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:28 pm

so im new to this
and i needed to let something out.. was thinking of a diary but they never work for me

my mum is an alcoholic, shes drunk almost every night... she cant physically stop so ive stopped trying. she gets very violent when shes drunk.

my dad takes drugs, he cheated on her and had a two year affair... 4 years later they are still together but my dads mostly out and my mums mostly drunk.

i am the most responsible in the family, i carry my mum to the sofa when shes collapsed on the floor etc. and i have a younger sister who says to me and my parents frequently she loves me more than them. i take care of her and i love her to bits.

the problem mainly is when my dad is back in the house... hes sometimes drunk and gets out of control... thats when the my mums violence turns physical on my dad... and ya... im body guard to my mum... once my dad was hitting her and i tried to pull him off her, the scariest thing is i realised im not strong enough cos he pushed me away easily.

recently i fell inlove... i used to be able to detach myself from everything, but from the months ive got my bf my feelings have been amplified and i cant detach myself anymore.

my mum suffers from depression as well
being around depressed people i feel stranded and i have a weight on me that i cant tell people, i feel i cant do anything but i have to do everything for them.

i cant tell a counsiler... im worried they will go to social services or something cos thats what my previous counsiler threatened to do when i told her.
i moved schools... and i found out my bf is moving to canada for christmas and has a job there... his mum in canada has a tumour... my bf is the one person i could talk to

i want to get out but i feel stranded... being around my depressed mother has had an impact on me as much as i hate to admit it... i feel depressed now and de-motivated with everything.

ive been bunking school and started to cry up to 3/4 times everyday for no reason when i never used to cry...

i need someway to let it out and thought it would make sense to do it here lol...
thanks
xoxox
skittlesgirl23
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:22 pm

You need to speak to someone like a councillor/doctor. I know you said you don't want to BUT is there also a possibility you could talk to one and see what they say; do you have any family that you and your sister could move in with? It is unfair on both you and your sister having to put up with it, think about it, you are a bit bigger and older than your sister, you can understand these things better than she can, you need to at least speak to a councillor to see how you should cope.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby skittlesgirl23 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:08 pm

i am 16 years old she is 13,
and she has said she doesnt want to move in with any other family..
the worst part is when my mum is drunk i start shouting and getting angry with her... my sister hates it and just hugs my mum crying

i have family, but step step uncles/aunts who all have atleast 3 kids each.
im the oldest
whats the easiest way to get incontact with a counciler?...
im too new at my new school to know how to get the counsiler and i dont want to ask in the office "i want a counciler... know where i can get the form?"

thanks for ur reply
xoxo[/list]
skittlesgirl23
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby brfc » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:11 am

hi and welcome to problem pages. sounds like you have had a tough time at the mo but you do need some outside help i feel. might help you out a bit as at 16 you shouldnt have to have all of this on your shoulders. ive never used it before but i hear its a good place for teenagers! try a place called connextions direct. they can help you with advice and can probably put you in contact with a counceler. they have a freephone number or can get in contact through there website.

take care brfc x
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:44 am

I don't really you know the best way to get in touch with a councillor you could always try and speak to childline, the samaritans or calling your doctors up, as they might have a list of people they recommend. Do you have a school nurse you could ask or could you ask your class tutor?
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby skittlesgirl23 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:03 am

thanks guys..
ye like i said im new to the school and i have no idea how there counsiler system works....
and i dont want to ask the office "how do i get a counsiler?"
i tried child line when i was 14
didnt really do very much
anyone have some useful websites i can get info about counsilers?
i will check out the connextions direct website and try get the phone number there..
skittlesgirl23
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby brfc » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:06 am

ok good luck hun let us know how you get on
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Cheer me up!