Driving Test :(

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Driving Test :(

Postby lavalamplee » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:43 am

basically
i had my driving test yesterday - and i failed -

because - someone was indicating that he was going to turn left off the roundabout - and i took that indicator asif he was going to go left - but the pillock decided to go on - and i had pulled out - so he had to slw down - and thats why i got a major --> but its like the person next to me even pulled out - and oh deeeeeeear - sorry for the language - but

im really depressed recently anyway

and now im just like

chuck

i feel like jelly

can anyone say anything nice to cheeer me up please???

ooo - i have another test booked in two weeks btw
lavalamplee
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Driving Test :(

Postby worrywomen123 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:53 pm

i dont really no how to cheer u up but i can tell u i didnt pass my test til the 5th time. For at least two of my tests i dnt think i deserved to fail and after my first failure i had my instructor sit in on my test and he agreed dat failing me was harsh. I honestly think that they have a certain amount of people that they have to fail and these days its very hard to past first time as instructors are also aware how many times u have taken ur test.In fact out of every1 that i know who drives i only no of 2 people who have passed first time.I no its easier said then done but try not to get to upset about it. U will get there in the end and although its more money the more lessons and practise u have with someone in the car with u the betta xx :wink:
worrywomen123
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby whoopsie » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:11 am

lavalamplee wrote:but its like the person next to me even pulled out

That person wasn't taking their driving test tho... There are a lot of lazy drivers out there. I don't trust any other driver on the road.

Look at this as a positive, you have learnt from this and in your next test, you will bare this in mind should you be put in a similar situation in 2 weeks. You are being taught how to drive safely. It is so easy to pick up bad habits, I have loads.

I think the theory and hazard perception tests are harder than the practical. It was hard enough when I did mine almost 6 years ago, and I know it wouldn't have got any easier. Also, you tend not to learn these bits in your lessons, so have to put more effort into revising, and I bet most people don't revise as much as they should! You're paying to drive (a bit like dieting, when they say you're more likely to lose weight if you pay to go to a class or the gym, compared to dieting on your own etc) so you're more likely to get more from it and the practical bit is the fun bit. I think the practical just feels worse because it's the last part of a long (and expensive) learning experience and there is some judgemental stranger sitting next to you. Having someone watch your every move is so daunting. Nerves play a MAJOR part in this too!

I hope I've helped, even if only a little. Good luck for your 2nd test, let us know how you get on.

xx
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby HappyGoLucky » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:07 am

Well, I know loads of people don't pass their driving test the first time. I'm sure you'll pass it in the end so good luck in your 2nd test and don't be too let down if you don't pass that one too. Just get up and try again.
Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get!
HappyGoLucky
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:44 am

lavalamplee wrote:but its like the person next to me even pulled out

[quote="whoopsie"]That person wasn't taking their driving test tho... There are a lot of lazy drivers out there. I don't trust any other driver on the road. /quote]

Yea there are loads of stupid drivers on the road. I got hit by a bus that drove blind ovver 3 lanes of traffic, I was in front of him in the lane next to him, I saw him coming to moved out the way and virtually stopped and he STILL hit me (then shouted at me). Bus company reviewed CCTV and decided it was 100% his fault. My point is just because someone else does it, doesn't mean to say it is right. My car was wrote off after that, the driver was fine. I had no car, the expense of a new one, then they decided they didn't want to scrap my car so I got it back and had to pay for scrapping costs myself, the garage also took my hire car off me christmas eve they were very rude and none of it was my fault. The bus insurance sent a cheque my street, a none existant door number and hte postcode of the site of accident and not to me (idiots) I complained, they sent the second one out first class (apparently) I complained I didn't get anything after a few weeks, I complained so much (and paid so much in premium phone numbers) they eventually broke company rules and directly transferred the money to me; and then after a few weeks I got the second cheque they had sent out, and I returned it. The guy said I didn't need to because it was cancelled anyway.

People often forget they have indicators on, I'd wait until the person has turned or is turning before pulling out. I always do and I don't care if I hold people up behind me, I'd rather be safe and alive than go though all the bother of getting a new car etc.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:00 am

No worries, I failed my first test and passed on the second.
Get back to your lessons ASAP and dont let your confidence slip.
You failed the first time, it was an experience and you learnt something, now back to the driving to get it all right. :D
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby GirlInTheGreenScarf » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:01 am

I know exactly how you feel honey

On my first test I got 3 majors and 15 minors, not so goof! I was devestated when it was over I actually just burst into tears cos I really convinced myself I was going to pass - which made me feel even worse!
The awful thing about driving tests is that there are no guarentees, It is purely luck of the day, my second driving test went so smoothly and I only got 3 minors! It just wasn't meant to be that first time.
I'm so glad you've got your second one booked though and so soon! Just think - now at least you know what the driving test is going to be like and you might just be that extra bit aware of lazy drivers next time.
Good luck!
x
GirlInTheGreenScarf
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Cheer me up!