arrrggghhh

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

arrrggghhh

Postby brfc » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:33 pm

im having a week were i want to go too the top of a big hill and scream loudly!!! anyone else feeling that way?
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: arrrggghhh

Postby peecee » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:35 pm

I'll come with you, hun, and NOBODY can tell me not to bring a whacking great vat of the cold stuff. :evil: :P

Yeah, I've been dealing with REALLY thick bureaucrats almost solidly for the last fortnight, and every time my boss comes into my office when I'm on the phone, he looks at the expression on my face and rushes out again. I think he's afraid I'll punch him - and I haven't reassured him that I won't... :wink:
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:55 am

I'm not having such a bad week. But I'm doing a project with some Norwegians who won't talk to me because they don't know who I am (I've given them details of how they can find out who I am, who else they can contact to make sure I'm not some crazy lady) - it resulted in another phone call saying they wouldn't talk to me because they didn't know who I was, I again gave them contact details of the boss of their Aberdeen office and still no word back from them. They need my report by LAW and if they aren't answering my questions I can't give them the report (they'll come crawling when they need it). I dislike Norwegian business men :( - the last bunch I worked with wouldn't speak to me because I was a girl in charge of their report and they didn't like it, they did however again come crawling when they didn't get their report because 6 months and 1 month earlier they wouldn't answer my questions...and they can't start work on the project until they get my report SO I was costing them millions of $ per day...they still got their report late because I was at uni doing exams and no way was I missing exams to write their report (but it made me feel better that because they were too proud and sexist for over 6 months they ended up loosing millions of $).

Also another project I’m working on the guy said he’d make sending data a priority; that was over a month ago AND the 3rd project I’m working on has no data available. So I’ve been extremely low on work for the last few weeks and its so hard/boring trying to fill in a work day “looking busy”.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:24 am

Im having a bad day and it's making it all the worse that it's my own fault.

I got really drunk the other night and was EXCESSIVELY flirty with this guy I kind of like, and now I'm feeling a bit guilty about that; I didnt cheat, and I wouldnt, but I feel that it was incredibly inappropriate to be so over the top flirty so I feel bad :(
and also when I was drunk I fell over and sprained my wrist, so now its hurting a lot, and I'm feeling sorry for myself, and I cant get any sympathy because it's my own stupid fault.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:21 pm

Dipsy why don't you write a letter with details of who you are and ask aberdeen boss to sign it, then send it to them
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:26 pm

That is my plan Bel-Bel; only my boss here told me to do it via e-mail. I'm just wondering what to write so as I don't basically say they are all rubbish and arrogant lol rather than there has been some confusion as to me doing the project.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:30 pm

Oh dear Ruth :(

Dipsy, I don't know what you do but it sounds fascinating. Tell us more . . . :-s
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:35 pm

I wouldn't mention their current behaviour just say something along the lines of

For clarification I would like to confirm that Dipsy is now the corordinator and contact for the XX project and all correspondence should be routed through her on Tel, Fax, Email no
signed aberdeen boss

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:39 pm

snail wrote:Dipsy, I don't know what you do but it sounds fascinating. Tell us more . . . :-s

I’m a pipeline engineer lmao! Very err interesting.

Bel Bel wrote:For clarification I would like to confirm that Dipsy is now the corordinator and contact for the XX project and all correspondence should be routed through her on Tel, Fax, Email no
signed aberdeen boss

LMAO the dipsy bit in there really amused me :-) I’d love to leave it in my proper e-mail lol.

Problem is getting hold of my Aberdeen boss, normally when people do this, we sent the person an e-mail and copy the Aberdeen boss on and they “surprisingly” respond quickly. But the Norwegians don’t know who the Aberdeen boss it and they seem to be making no effort to contact him since I have given them his details numerous times.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:00 pm

Hey, I think being a pipeline engineer is pretty impressive! Especially at such a young age.

I remember people didn't take me seriously at your age either - I was a blond bimbo to them. It gets better as you get older, if that's any consolation, lol.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:15 pm

I find that men from Korea and China can't get it I am a woman in a high powered position and they constantly refer to me in e mail and letters as Mr Bel Bel
I get really irritated and reply firstly as Miss Bel Bel then the second reply I type MISS Bel Bel and if they are still doing it i put MISS Bel Bel (Woman), they usually get it by then but still don't apologise :evil:
They may underate woman in their own society but they shouldn't presume to do so with us if they want to do business in our countries

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rufio89 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:24 pm

what do you do Bel Bel?
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:39 pm

I am a Purchasing and Production Director

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:29 pm

Oh get you MR bel-bel! :-P
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:48 pm

:rofl:
To be fair I have worked for the same company in the school holidays to get extra money then they took me on after school so I have been with the company for 20+ years and only been in this position for a couple of years, so the hard work has paid off finally

Hence why I am still MISS and not MRS even though I am married, too much confusion so I kept the same name at work

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Cheer me up!