In need of a little cheer please

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

In need of a little cheer please

Postby CrystalStarr » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:39 pm

Hey everyone,

I'd just really love a little cheering up right now, just some nice words or some of the 'it'll get better' variety please. That would be nice.

Well basically I was dumped again yesterday for something like the 4th time in two years, a few days after my birthday and on our anniversary, so, as you can imagine, I'm feeling absolutely fab.

It's not like I'm totally gutted and it's the end of the world because there were a lot of problems such as he never had any money EVER to take me out, and there was never going to be much of a future as he wouldn't be able to afford to move in or go on holiday etc etc, plus he has been ill and on steroids which made him extremely grumpy all the time, and which I guess was a reason for the break-up because he couldn't cope with his illness and a relationship.

Trouble is I work with him so that's going to be fun. He keeps saying he still cares about me and is going to buy me a Christmas present etc, but, to be honest, I'd rather he just not bother, it's too hard. He also texts asking if I'm ok (as I've been ill today with a stomach bug) and I wanna send a bitchy reply back such as 'what do you care, I'm not your problem anymore' but so far I've resisted the urge and ignored him. But I would like to give him a piece of my mind for wasting my time. It'll be my first day back in work tomorrow after said dumping and I don't really wanna go in. I will, however, go in looking absolutely fabulous and not like a train wreck.

It also makes me sad as when I first met him he was the most amazing person ever. He made me laugh and was always caring and considerate and he was the first person who told me he loved me and I said it back. It makes me sad as I feel the word 'love' has now been tainted and it all amounts to nothing. He changed into a stranger over the past few months and I barely recognised him anymore. I'm not so sad to lose him as he is now, but I'm grieving for the person he used to be. It's like he died and someone else was put in his place.

My friends are already trying to set me up with people and I know I shouldn't wallow but I just don't think I can go out at the moment. As it's just been my birthday I feel another year older and like I've wasted another year of my life on something that wasn't going anywhere.

So please, I just need some cheering up. I don't like to talk to me friends about it cos I was always moaning about him anyway, so they'll be like 'I told you so' but I know how lovely you all are on here and it has felt good to type all this. Sorry it's so long.
CrystalStarr
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Re: In need of a little cheer please

Postby rufio89 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:54 pm

you said it yourself, he wasnt the guy you fell in love with, so this is a positive thing that now you're free to go off and enjoy yourself.

Dont let your friends hassle you to go out, you'll go out when you're good and ready, and you'll have a whale of a time. I always LOVE going out just after a break up. I can get myself dolled up and think "yep, see, other people want me and they're hotter/cleverer/more interesting than you!"

Good luck babe, stay positive and remember that being shot of that loser is a good thing!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby snail » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:54 pm

CrystalStarr wrote: It makes me sad as I feel the word 'love' has now been tainted and it all amounts to nothing.

As it's just been my birthday I feel another year older and like I've wasted another year of my life on something that wasn't going anywhere.

I know how you feel but don't think any relationship is ever a waste of time. People come into our lives, they teach us things about friendship or love (or possibly even hatred), and in the process we learn a lot about ourselves too. The love you and he expressed was real when you said it, but now you know you aren't right for each other, and will both move on.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:58 am

and remember his illness and medication changed him not you
you will fid that sepcial someone but give yourself time to heal and at least it's a good time of yoear fro parties so go get some clothes that make you feel pretty and go out and live it up
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Tyro » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:10 pm

I think a little pampering is in order! Treat yourself! Christmas isn't far off lil lady and it's going to be a BLAST! "YAY!!!"

Sounds to me like hes the one missing out! He should be the one writing on here saying hows hes just lost a great gal!

Lets have a bit self love! Your fabulous! Say it out loud to yourself! Hell scream It!! "I'm FABULOUS!!"

Keep smiling O:) O:) O:) !

Tyro x
"Every man I meet is my superior in some way; in that I learn from him." –Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Tyro
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby CrystalStarr » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:58 pm

Hey guys thanks for your messages, they were really nice. Just feeling down what with it being Christmas and all and I HATE having to work with him. It's been awful being at work and seeing him and everytime I hear him laugh it just grates on my nerves. I have a whole load of anger now that I can't get rid of. How do I diffuse it and let it go?
CrystalStarr
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:09 am

some suggestions that might work

go to the gym and use a punch bag
write it all down, let it out
go in a field and scream and scream and cry

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby m_m » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:35 pm

I've had to remove this post due to identity issues, I hope that's ok x
Last edited by m_m on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:16 pm

I still work with my ex husband and haven't been with him for 16+ years. I find just try to be like you would with anyone else as manufacture me says
Some people come to work here and they have no idea until someone tells them
It can make things awkward for othrs if not and they feel they have to take sides
It would be nice if you could stay friends but if thats not possible at least be civil

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Cheer me up!