What a week!

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: What a week!

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:56 am

I agree with RagDoll. Its up to you whether you want to get 'stuck' in a job. It looks bad if you're unemployed for a long time, its better to go from one job to another.
And also, i'd rather work in a shop (even if its not what I want to do) and have my own money and pay my own way, than rely on someone else.

Its not impossible to get jobs. I've just got a new job, and my mum has just got a new job. It just takes a HELL of a lot of trying! Try applying to places directly, I find that some places don't bother putting advertising through the job centre, you might even get in there before they start advertising too.
crumpetsandtea
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby m_m » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:00 am

I have removed this post due to identity issues, I hope that is not a problem x
Last edited by m_m on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby mattmxl » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:11 am

manufacture_me wrote:mattmxl - I realise this may sound like a silly question but what sort of things did you do to 'put yourself first'? I think I need a few suggestions :)

I'm meaning things like if you want to do the dishes then do the dishes, if you don't then don't! If you have money for something you want and the boyfriend wants something else, buy the thing you want. If people start soming to you with problems theat ur either not interested in or not in the mood to listen to, don't listen to them, tell them you are busy at the moment or something along those lines. If you want to go somewhere then go there, if somebody at work is making you responsible for something that isn't your responsibility or giving you unfair additional tasks, don't take responsibility and don't do them. Keep this up for a month or so and see which people are left speaking to you and who are still friends and associates of yours, they will be the people that matter. Everybody else wil more than likely just heve been there cause they think they can get something out of you and when they realise they can't they'll soon stop trying. And deep down, would you really want to know those sort of people anyway?
mattmxl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:12 am

manufacture_me wrote:(he was there for two years when it was only meant to be temporary)

In the grand scale of things 2 years is temporary. I worked somewhere temporarily for 4years - ok I was different because I was a student, however it was a temporary step.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:12 am

Oh I can totally symphathise with regards to the weight. I don't think my Mum would be that blunt, but she doesn't hide the fact I've put on weight, which I guess is fair enough since I have!! (still hard to hear though). I lost a fair amount of weight and was pretty slim when I met my boyfriend (and months into us going out) but it's slowly crept back on. It's SO depressing. I keep trying to do something about it, but I really struggle to be good. Every time I see photos of me from our first holiday I feel miserable - I looked so much better then!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby m_m » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:17 am

Last edited by m_m on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Skarlet » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:29 am

Hi Manufacture_me,

In regards to your weight, instead of worrying too much and obsessing about it, maybe make some small changes to the way you eat, and that will help with losing weight, its how I do it, okay everynow and then I slip up, but I don't worry so much about it. I hate it when people say about how much weight you have put on, and know how depressing trying on clothes can be, I used to be quite big, and then lost enough to feel happy. When i got with my bloke now, he eats loads, and his portion sizes were huge, and i put loads of weight on. Instead of dieting religously, I gave up sugar in my tea, I stopped eating crisps, every now and then I slip up, but I don't have them everyday, and I use a smaller plate then my boyfriend, so it looks similar in portion size but its smaller. They are only small changes, but they help... also maybe when you get home from work, you can go out for walks, a) to be good exercise, and b) to calm down, so you destress and can go home and be civil to your mum and your sister.

Alice (Lol, I can't type without looking at the screen,)
Last edited by Skarlet on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby m_m » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:35 am

Thank you alicat, I like those suggestions :D

x
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby m_m » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:07 am

m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:11 am

It was lucky you got talking to the girl then. Fingers crossed your boyfriend has a good chance for the job and the news for you is positive because at least you can look into it :) and if you go for it you get trained and paid!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby m_m » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:18 am

m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby RagDoll » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:31 am

Glad you're feeling a bit more upbeat! :)
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby rufio89 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:45 am

That sounds really good, I hope that works out for you!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:22 am

Well as someone who has employed people I would say that what is putting employers off is he has no job, tell him to take anything, including temp work or at the very least volunter work.

If you help him with money you are enabling him, if he has nothing he will have the incentive to get any work just so he has some money

As for your sister start secretly taping conversations on your phonhe. After you have a few let your mnum hear them, she may still try to defend your sister if she is that way inclined but she may back off you

As others have said it's your life so don't let your mum bully you about the job you do

Have you kept that text your college sent, if yes hang onto it and start a diary of bullying so you can take it in a few weeks and ask for something to be done. The last thing a small company will want is the thought of someone taking them to court for bullying, you don't even have to threaten it just tell them the working atmosphere in't nice and you aren't happy
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby m_m » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:29 am

Last edited by m_m on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m_m
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

PreviousNext

Return to Cheer me up!