Feeling Whale-like!!

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Feeling Whale-like!!

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:44 am

I love the receipe thread idea :D
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby RagDoll » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:29 pm

I was in London last week and it struck me how slim everyone was! I think I need to try city-living!! It made me feel really self-concious :(

I have been eating a lot more sensibly the last few days though and I'm planning on dragging myself to the gym tomorrow evening.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:43 pm

Well both me and my mam tried the diet I suggested that everyone said was unhealthy to do. We thought we'd try it one week and see how it went....well I was only planning on doing it 4 days anyway. It says unless you cheat you are guaranteed to loose between 5 adn 7lbs in 3 days....over 4 days for me and 5 days for my mam we didn't loose that much between us. My mam lost around 3lbs and I PUT on 3oz lol. After my holidays I am definately cutting down on what I eat; most of what I eat is healthy I'm just going to have to decrease my portion size. I think I've just gotten used to my bf's and dads portion size they keep putting out for me.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:07 pm

Haha it doesn't come highly recommended then!!

Decreasing your portion size sounds like a sensible way to go for you Dipsy. There's not much else you can do but that (since you already eat healthily) and exercise. Speaking of which, did you go to boxercise etc?
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:30 pm

I didn't; I didn't think doing major exercise whilst only eating soup was probably a good idea. My mam did say she would come to aqua fit with me though (or rather I'd be going with her). I might get my bike out tonight and go for a ride provided it doesn't rain!
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:56 pm

Fair enough!

I am not looking forward to the gym tomorrow, though I'm sure it'll be ok when I get there and I'll feel better afterwards.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby LME79 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:32 am

RagDoll wrote:I was in London last week and it struck me how slim everyone was! I think I need to try city-living!! It made me feel really self-concious :(

I have been eating a lot more sensibly the last few days though and I'm planning on dragging myself to the gym tomorrow evening.

I live and work in London and honestly, it's not filled with Slim Jims and Skinny Minnies, trust me! I'm trying to get a bikini body but have been sooooo so lazy with the exercise! I really need to get back into swimming again, I swam every day on holiday last year and actually lost weight, despite the fact I was eating loads!

How's it all going for you, Rag Doll?
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby RagDoll » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:30 am

Hehe, well not everyone was slim, but there did seem a high proportion of skinny people around!

Not brilliant to be honest. I'd be lying if I said I'd made a real effort to lose weight. The last time I went to the gym I found it a real slog. I was only there 35 mins then went home - I just didn't have the energy for it. I've been feeling a bit run-down since, so that's probably why it felt like such hard work!

I don't really enjoy the gym, I think I need to find a sport that I actually enjoy, or at least don't mind, so I'll stick to it!

Swimming is a great exercise, I hope you get back into it soon :) I'm not a good swimmer unfortunately. Can only just to say stay afloat!
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Previous

Return to Cheer me up!