Feeling Whale-like!!

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Feeling Whale-like!!

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:53 pm

I'm going in 3 weeks and I look like I'm 4-5 months pregnant. I'm NOT impressed!

I've never fancied watching friends. Plus it's on all the time; which in my house means "you don't pay the bills, I get to choose which repeat we've seen a million times that we'll watch again".
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:03 pm

Haha I bet you don't look preggers at all! I know you might have changed a bit since the photos you posted, but you look really slim!

It was good in it's day. Bored of it now. I'm just amazed you managed to avoid it!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:11 pm

My belly does look pregnant, the rest of me looks fine.

I can't go for my dinner yet ARGHHHHHHHHHH; I ALWAYS go at 2pm for dinner, oh no in the kitchen someone has decided to set up a meeting. I am fuming. I am NOT eating at my desk, I want to eat at a proper eating place. We have 2 meeting rooms and a kitchen; one meeting room I can see is empty; the other I don't know.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:16 pm

I eat at my desk every lunchtime, it's a bit rubbish. There's no where else to have it, unless I eat out obviously.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:17 pm

They only started at 2 and the table was covered in papers so it doesn't look like its a quick meeting. One guy if he has meetings in the kitchen late, always says to me, I'm having a meeting but feel free to come in and have your dinner.

It's only fair when they hog the eating room.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:13 am

I think you need to ask your partner for some support
Don't buy things you will be tempted by, you can't eat tehm if they are not there
He could always have a stash of things under lock and key and eat them out of site
Joining a class where you get weighed each week can often help
I alwasy suggest rosemary connolly becasue they really give you great support and they also gicve you swap ideas for foods you like so you don't have to give up on everything you like
Alot of people get on well with weight watchers as you don't have to give stuff up too
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:33 am

I weighed myself last night; well I didn't I was weighing my dads suitcase so in the process had to weigh myself as well. Me and my dad were shocked :(. I'm maybe joining boxercise next week (although I'm not 100% sure what it is) and Aqua fit on a Tuesday night (although not next tuesday cos I'm meeting a friend). My only issue with all the exercise classes is they either start at 5pm or are on during the day. They had a nifty fifites class; I looked at it for my mam...Tuesdays 10am until 12.30. I mean most people over 50 still work. If it was a OAP course then fair enough have it during the day just not a class aimed at working people....stupid!
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:11 pm

you cant have put on that much weight dipsy, you looked lovely in your pics! Im sure you look fine!!!!!!!!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:24 pm

Thanks Bel, Bel, think it would be useful if my boyfriend didn't eat biscuits etc. in front of me, but at the same time I'm worried that his weight will drop if he doesn't eat stuff like that and he needs to put some on if anything! Maybe he can do it in secret lol, though that's hard when you live together.

Dipsy - I ditto what Ruth said!
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:30 pm

I always think portion control is important so give him bigger dinners to make sure he doesn't lose weight. And with rice dishes give him more rice and have less yourself but more veg to fill you up and make your plate look like it's got plenty on it
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:50 pm

rufio89 wrote:you cant have put on that much weight dipsy, you looked lovely in your pics! Im sure you look fine!!!!!!!!

The one photo where you could see my belly (the angel and devil one) was taken almost 3 years ago; I've gained 2.5 stone since then and it all sits on my belly; it hasn't gone anywhere else, just there.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:25 pm

I've put on about a stone since I moved back home (my mum has too much nice food in the cupboard!! GRR!)
I think I was a bit too skinny before, so I was glad to put a bit on, but now my jeans don't fit properly because I'm a pear shape, so I literally put all my weight onto my bum and hips! I hate it when you just put it on in one place!

And its dawned on me that I'm going on holiday in 2 and half weeks! Arrgh! And none of my holiday clothes fit me from last year (as if I need anymore excuses to go shopping... :oops: )

I find the best thing is exercise. Diets don't work on me.
crumpetsandtea
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:27 pm

Dipsy, the best thing for stomachs is posture, if you keep your back straight and hold your stomach in, it not only gradually strengthens and tones the muscles underneath, but makes a massive difference in the mean time also.
crumpetsandtea
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:55 pm

Thank you (I'll keep trying it :))
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby LME79 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:09 pm

This seems like an excellent thread for motivation ideas and slimming ideas in general.

I personally wouldn't crash diet - small changes to your lifestyle can work wonders. I've started getting off the train one step earlier after work and walking the rest of the way home. Not only is it helping me shift pounds, it's also a great way to work off stresses from the day. I'm not a fan of the gym in the summer, though I do try to go when I can! Brisk walking is excellent - pop on your mp3 player and away you go!

Regarding food, the Rosemary Conley recipes are great - I lost 3lbs the first time I stuck to the plan. You can get the GI Hips and Thigh recipe book from Amazon for a relatively low price and it doesn't feel like you're on a diet at all. It's my bible - I've never been to a slimming class but that book is amazing!

I think I'm going to start a recipe thread in chit-chat for stuff like this ... watch this space!
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

PreviousNext

Return to Cheer me up!