letting it out...!

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

letting it out...!

Postby Jemima » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:59 pm

i dont know what to do, i'm just really unhappy at the moment. It's just my school its so bitchy! there are constantly fights going on and i always seem to get dragged into them. i have trouble with one friend and she makes me really unhappy. i've spoken to my mum about it but not my dad and i really want to move!
i swear my class cant go a day without having something going on that gets people gossiping. There is a group in my class who dont tend to be like the others and they say that i have never been classed as a nasty one but i desperatly want to get out of everything going on. it puts so much stress on me and i get really depressed and then this one girl in my class (the one i'm having trouble with, she's harsh and when she has a bad day she thinks the sky is falling and the world is against her etc but also keeps saying i'm her best friend which i'm not!) keeps getting really 'worried' about me and it's SO anoying! i dont know what to do with her, i mean she always says that she 'needs me' and the other week we had to write a poem about someone in english and she wrote about me and called it 'my best friend'!!! that made me feel guilty that i dont like her in the same way at all. i dont know how to explain her...she's very upfront and always involved in things she doesnt need to be involved in. she makes me so unhappy but sometimes she's really nice.
also...i know this is really petty but she made me this kindof not that nice a watch for my birthday that has broken already and she's giving this other girl in our group (one of my best friends) some really nice stuff and another girl some really nice stuff that she actually brought. i mean she says i'm her best friend and she didnt even give me a card!
i guess i just needed to rant on a bit there-but it would be helpfull if anyone could give me any advice!
Jemima
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: letting it out...!

Postby captainf » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:56 pm

Sorry to hear about the problem. I can relate to having a rather poor class as I had one in college. What I found as the best thing to do was just to get my head down and focus on the studying and not worry about anyone else around me. I suggest that you try and distance yourself from the bad lot who are fighting etc and just focus on your education. It is possible, you just need to prevent them from distracting you. So while they are moaning at eachother in class just carry on doing your work, theres no point listening or watching as its not important.

As for the girl. It sounds like she does want to be friends with you in some way, but she is maybe a little melodramatic? I think we all know someone who over does it when they have one problem and believes that the world is against them but I think that you should just have a chat with her and say that you find it difficult to deal with how harsh she is. Of course the danger is that she may go on the defensive or play the victim role so that others feel sorry for her but you should not have to put up with a situation that is making you unhappy.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:24 am

Mention it to your teacher and say it's distracting you and causing stress, and would it be possible come september (the new school year) to be moved into a different class.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:37 pm

You don't have to be friends with her if you don't want to, regardless of how she does or doesn't feel about you.

It's possible though that she might have made you a present rather than buying one in order to make it a bit more personal and special.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Cheer me up!