Bad day at work.

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Bad day at work.

Postby JennaXXX » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:03 pm

Sorry guys, need cheering up.
I work with 0-3's and for the most part, I love it. But then there are days like today when they all seem to hate me and I come away thinking *what did I or they get out of this?* I know that's silly and that the children do love me. I mean, they cuddle me, ask their parents if they can come in and see me, and some of them even say that they love me. But on days like today, I wonder if they would be better off with someone else.

:(
Whatever life throws at you, smile, hold your head up high and be the best you can possibly be.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Bad day at work.

Postby captainf » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:00 am

No, you're very well suited to looking after children of that age group and I know how much you enjoy it.
Children are young and are learning which means that just like us adults they will have good and bad days. Although children still have to learn how to manage their emotions and so if they are having a bad day everyone knows about it. Dont blame yourself. They were probably all having abit of a bad day for one reason or another and its not because of you. Look at all the great feedback that you get from the kids. They even say they love you and thats so special. :)

Chin up, JennaXXX. It was just a down day but tomorrow will probably be better. :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:34 am

I agree with captain flyn
Kid s don't think about the effect they have on you with their flippant remarks
You are obviously good at what you do and this is more about your self esteem issue than it is about the kids
I hope you are having a better day
Are things generally better for you at the moment?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Fragmented » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:37 pm

Agree with the other two posts. Kids are definitely fickle lol - although the cuteness makes up for it a bit. I once had my hair curled for a wedding and my niece who was five took one look and said 'urgh you look stupid' - I almost cried.

Point being, I wouldn't take how children behave to heart. They're just not aware of their behaviour. I'm sure you're great at your job and were just having a down day, it's allowed.

Chin up.
Fragmented
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby captainf » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:01 pm

In addition to the last post I made here, when the kids (and you) have a down day, remember the most important thing, which is..

they cuddle me, ask their parents if they can come in and see me, and some of them even say that they love me.

Kids know who they do and dont like, and it sounds like they're really into you and thats quite wonderful.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Cheer me up!