Phone stolen.. no money

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Phone stolen.. no money

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:20 pm

Sorry to hear all this has happens to you :( its always stressful when its money. I hate people who steal! Grr!

On the bright (ish) side, I know £200 is a lot of money, but at least it was only £200, and not your full wage or anything. Its really rubbish but suppose it could have potentially been a lot worse.

Also, your bank will normally refund the bank charges as a 'gesture of good will', if you've never been charged before, if its unusual circumstances (such as this) or if its going to be you in a position of hardship.
They might be able to advise you on whether you are covered by them or not, or whether you could get put into an identity theft situation now that the person who stole your phone has potentially got your bank details, in which case you might have to close the account and set up a new one. Normally credit cards provide much better fraud cover than debit cards, but its always worth a try.

Go to your bank and speak to them, and if they are unhelpful, go on the money saving expert website, there are templates for letters to reclaim bank charges.

I would have thought that apple would refund you as long as you kept your i-tunes password secret, and hadn't left yourself signed on to i-tunes when you lost your phone, as these are normally the sort of terms and conditions they have.
crumpetsandtea
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Previous

Return to Cheer me up!