abit run down

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: abit run down

Postby captainf » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:52 am

I'm not sure when i'll get to see my sister next so i'll send her a card. :) Thanks for the idea.

I've slept abit better the past few nights but I still find that im waking up about 2 or 3 times. Although dozing back off abit faster.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:30 pm

Just read this post and wanted to say sorry to hear that you're having a rough time recently and feeling a bit down, Captain :(

Glad to hear your sleeping has improved though, I definitely think stress/upset has a big affect on sleeping patterns. I have been having some problems sleeping myself recently and took the advice of a colleague to actually get up and do something instead of lying awake willing sleep to come. It sounds illogical, but it's best to not just lie there, but to do something to break the cycle i.e. read a book for a while, have a cup of tea or something, then try get back to sleep. It worked for me anyhow :)
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:12 pm

Hey Ragdoll,
Thanks very much for your words of support. Im okay, I guess, I just get abit fedup with things sometimes and most of the time I can just bring it all to a conclusion in my head but sometimes I just talk about it here. I'm just abit tired that sometimes so many people use me for advice and then the rest of the time its like I dont exist. I should take it as a compliment really that im seen as the wise one. It's just I find it weird that most of my friends only ever come to me when they want something or to talk about whats bothering them and I just dont understand why after being so nice and helpful some of them just dont seem to value me. I'm probably just difficult to get along with or something.

Regarding sleeping, I will try that idea. I have a book I am reading and havent actually read much of it recently so i'll actually give that a try. I hope you're sleeping much better now.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby ennis81 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:01 am

Hey Captain,

How are you getting on with your sleeping? and hows ur dog doin? good news about your sister passing her exams :wink:
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:22 pm

Hey,

Thanks, shes very pleased with her results and everyone is very proud of her.
My dog is fine now, thankfully. Infact hes laying next to me right now :P
Well sleeping hasnt been overly bad lately, although last night was dreadful. I went to bed in a relatively bad mood which explains why though so poor sleeping was to be expected.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:31 am

captainf wrote:It's just I find it weird that most of my friends only ever come to me when they want something or to talk about whats bothering them and I just dont understand why after being so nice and helpful some of them just dont seem to value me. I'm probably just difficult to get along with or something.

Don't be so hard on yourself if you were hard to get on with I doubt they would come to you in times of need. I think they are probably just a little selfish or thoughtless. Have you ever asked any of them?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby captainf » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:38 pm

I have never asked them about it, no. I just think it would lead to controversy and then they might distance themselves or something like that.
Its okay though.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:09 pm

Perhaps next time you need someone you could go to one of your freinds and say remember that time i helped you out with X, well I need th favour returned as blah blah has happened
I know you shouldn't have to but at least then if they aren't supportive you will know they aren't beinga good friend and maybe stop being avaiable to help them in the future.
If they do then act with a bit more comapssion you can put it down to them just not remebering how good you have been to them
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby captainf » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:28 pm

Thanks. Yeah i'll try giving it a go. It could be that they're just not very good at giving advice. I'll see though.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby LME79 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:19 am

Just wanted to say that, with regards to the sleeping thing, I've noticed that a lot of your posts here are made post midnight, going on for almost 3am sometimes. Like someone mentioned before, that really isn't good for you to be at the PC that late as it will interfere with your sleep patterns. If your usual sleep time is 1am, why don't you say "the latest I'll stay on the PC is midnight" and then shut it down.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby captainf » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:12 pm

I only use it because I can't sleep. I know what you're saying though. :) Thanks.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby LME79 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:20 pm

Yeah ... but then you're putting yourself into a vicious circle. There are other techniques that will help you sleep, the PC unfortunately is not one of them. If you get yourself into a routine before bedtime it will become easier. Also, just use the bedroom for sleeping so that's what your brain will associate it with.

Exercise in the evening is a good way as well, even if it's just a 30 minute walk. Anything to tire you out physically.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby RagDoll » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:24 pm

I agree with LME's advice, the exercise bit actually got me thinking... you're probably not doing enough during the day (I might be wrong here, but I'm just guessing from your posts) to make you worn out enough to sleep well on a night. Exercise would be a good way to help alleviate that as LME says.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby LME79 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:41 pm

RagDoll wrote:I agree with LME's advice, the exercise bit actually got me thinking... you're probably not doing enough during the day (I might be wrong here, but I'm just guessing from your posts) to make you worn out enough to sleep well on a night. Exercise would be a good way to help alleviate that as LME says.

Yeah, I used to have really bad insomnia when I wasn't working. I was doing things like job hunting, going for interviews, shopping etc ... but I wasn't physically or mentally worn out which is why I wasn't sleeping.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby captainf » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:44 pm

I do like the exercise advice, that is actually a good idea to tire me out before bed time actually. I will actually give this a go tonight. Thanks for the idea. :)

Regarding to my day - it changes relative to what the weathers like. If the weather is nice then i'll take a walk round my local lake most days, take photos etc. I dont generally talk about what i'm up to on a day to day basis on here. :)
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

PreviousNext

Return to Cheer me up!