cross thing for me

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

cross thing for me

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:33 pm

AAARGH

My hubby is shortly getting a vasectomy.
I barely had a period this month (not even for a full day) and I hope it's stress because being pregnant at this stage would be awful
I am going to get a test later
Fingers, toes, head hair, other bodily hair and anything else that be crossed firmly crossed

Also found out father in laws cancer has spread to his brain. He has not got long now and he can never come home as you can turn violent with brain cancer apparently. :cry:
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Re: cross thing for me

Postby Skarlet » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:44 pm

I will cross my fingers for you.

I am sorry to hear about your father in law. :grouphug:
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:12 pm

I'll cross anything I can for you :)
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby peecee » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:23 pm

Ah, Bel Bel, it's moving along fast now. :(

My granddad had cancer which spread to his brain, and they brought him home to die; this was about 30 years ago. He was never violent, but he had delusions all the time. It was very hard work for my nan and my mum, but it's what they wanted. And my sister's m-i-l had a brain tumour, same thing; she lived in a different reality, but absolutely did not become nasty.

I don't know how it will go with the poor old boy - I just wanted to say, I hope nobody in your family gets nervous about being with f-i-l, because I'm sure he will find it a tremendous comfort having family members around, even if you're not sure he knows. I'm actually getting quite choked just thinking about it! :o

By gum girl, this is one year where, when the New Year comes in, you'll be raising a toast to the end of the Old Year!

Lots of love

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
pee
ps - forgot to say - crossed everything for you, then fell over on the way to the freezer... :lol:
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:34 pm

Aw im so sorry to hear of the sad news regarding your father inlaw. :(

I hope the test is negative.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:51 pm

Well I'm always cross anyway - does that count? :-k

Thinking of you, Bel :grouphug:
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:45 am

snail wrote:Well I'm always cross anyway - does that count? :-k

:

:rofl:
Oh Snail that did make me laugh, thank you.

Thanks to you all for crossing things, especially pee as she must now have bruises from falling over. Anyway not pregnant so must just be stress. Very releived.

And thanks pee for support. We are visting FIL twice a day still. He is fine one minute and talking nonsense the next. Yesterday his speach was very slurred. He keeps asking when he is coming home too. He thinks we don't want him home rather than realising he can't actually come home. Obviously we don't want to tell him he is never coming home.We have told him he needs to build his strength up before he can come home.

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby everloney » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:26 pm

Oh belbel that is heartbreaking. How old is he? Its horrible to be in that situation. Will be thinking of you. I'm pleased you found out your not preggers too xxx
everloney
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby peecee » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:44 pm

Bel Bel, when my dad first went into hospital, then into a home, he kept saying exactly what your fil is saying. We repeated, very lovingly but matter-of-factly, that he needed to get stronger before he went home. He accepted it, then asked again - and again...and each time we told him the same thing.

Eventually, he didn't really know where he was, either at home or in a home, and he stopped asking. This will be your fil soon enough. But even then, my dad was very, very pleased and grateful to see us whenever we went in, so I do hope members of your family will keep visiting for as long as it takes...I know how exhausting it is. ((Bel Bel))

btw, off topic, hun; remember you named my fishies...? :) Tufty and Sparrow are nearly big enough to eat; I couldn't quite bring myself to rename Big Boy "Nellie" as you suggested, because he was my firstborn, and I was used to calling him Big Boy (he's bright orange now, not grey (just typed "gay" :o ), but I suspect that he might actually turn out to be a Nellie...!! :lol:
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ennis81 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:28 am

Awh Bel Bel, I just saw this i'm really sorry to hear about ur father in law, i hope your doin ok Xxxxx
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:35 am

Turns out the hopsital got it wrong and he had another stroke (had several mini ones over the last 18 months - 2 years) and the cancer hasn't spread to the brain
Not sure if thats good or bad really.
We all just want it over for his sake now, it's is awful to watch people suffer
Yes we are all visting regualrly and there are at least 3 of us each visiting sessionIt funny because the only person he consistently knows who they are is me. I feel really pleased about that but upset for hubby as he and his brother are often confused, that must hurt. He says he is ok about it but I know I would feel a bit upset.

He is 68 by the way everlonely and thanks all of you for your wishes

I know too that all this is still to come with my step mum who is only 55. I think in a way that makes it worse if it can be worse. Being so young and full of life it's heartbreaking

So glad the fishes are doing well pee. I am going to post a pic of my new fish Kribensis next week (ON THE GOLDFISH THREAD). They do a imaginary tug of war with each other which is soo weird to watch. It's about warning each other off their territory, they have half the tank each :lol:
They are like this
http://www.thekrib.com/Apisto/P-pulcher-male.jpg
Amazingly colourful for tropical fish, I will try to get them having their tug of war when i take pics

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:34 pm

The fishies look lovely Bel Bel. Have you had tropical fish before? I've been tempted but I've never been quite sure.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:03 pm

Bel Bel, just to echo back to you what you said to me really - that I'm sorry to hear what you and your husband are going through and if you ever want to PM me about it please go ahead. I guess we might be able to relate quite well to one another at the mo?! (not saying we don't normally, but I'm sure you know what I'm getting at!!)

It's a shame he is only 68, that's not really that old these days. Obviously it's even more true in your step-Mum's case.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:15 pm

Quite a twist really eh. Sorry to hear they got the diagnoses all wrong, which by the sounds of it is prolonging things. :(
I hope that you're okay though. Sounds like its very stressful!

The Kribensis look like nice fish to have!
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:39 am

Father in law passed away 3am on sunday morning
I think everyone is in shock as there hasn't been much crying

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate