Stupid Family!

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Stupid Family!

Postby captainf » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:30 am

I hope you and your family are coping well.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:47 am

My Grandma’s funeral was on Friday. I had written a rather long post about how certain family members didn’t behave with any respect or dignity, but I accidentally deleted it… so I am going to paraphrase what happened:

- When I arrived at the crematorium, I saw my cousin, his wife and their four children (plus boyfriends/girlfriends) get out of their cars, so I walked over to them and said hello, but the most I got was a hello from my cousin’s wife, and nothing else. We were all stood outside the crematorium, waiting for the hearse and everyone was obviously upset, but no one even bothered to speak to us, so I basically felt ostracised by my own family. There was a large group of them and just my boyfriend and I – you’d just think they’d have made a bit more of an effort.
- My cousin’s tried to get a song changed/added to the service 15 minutes before the funeral was due to start – they’ve had plenty of time to have their input into the service, but no, no, they wait until the last minute.
- My cousin got up in the middle of the service, whilst the Vicar was speaking and put a huge photo of my Grandma on her coffin. He got up again whilst the curtains were being drawn around my Grandma’s coffin to move the photograph.
- My Dad heard my cousin say, “I’m going to have him” to his wife – he was referring to my Uncle (basically his Step-Dad) who he doesn’t get on with and has recently had another spat with. A funeral is hardly the time and place for such a thing, or to even be considering it.

I’m just annoyed that they had to behave like that – it was a difficult day for everyone and I just can’t get my head around their mentality. My parents, and in fairness even my Aunt and Uncle (who my Dad doesn’t get on with) and I were all just trying to muddle through the day the best we could, but my cousin’s family seemed determined to be awkward from the moment they arrived, until the moment we left. Where’s the compassion for other people? Ok, they were upset, but so was everyone else, you’d think they could have just had some respect, especially for my Dad and Aunt, whose Mother it was after all. They did nothing but think of themselves.

It was like they were somehow trying to stake a claim on my Grandma’s life and it’s just not on. They pretty much ruined the funeral for me; they turned it into a circus!

Anyway, it feels good to rant; I’m not looking for advice, as it’s over and done with now. I am just frustrated by the way my Dad’s side of the family cause unnecessary stress on top of a situation which is already hard enough.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby rufio89 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:18 pm

Im sorry it didnt go well RagDoll, I hope you're doing ok, and I (as well as the other PPers) am here for you if you need me.

xxxxx
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:25 pm

I like Ruth am very sorry for how your cousins behaved; at least you gave your grandma the respect she deserved. :grouphug:
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:33 pm

:oops:

I cant read, and I thought you'd said "Im sorry for how your cousins behaved, Ruth", and was going to say "No dipsy, it's not me, it's Ragdoll!" :oops:
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:37 pm

I suppose if used grammar it would have helped too. lol. I'm not the only one who mis-reads most things then :rofl:
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:49 pm

Dips just forgot the full stop. She meant to say "I like Ruth. Am very sorry for how your cousins behaved [Ragdoll]" :wink:

Funerals are very difficult indeed for some people. I know many people who can't or won't attend a funeral, even if the deceased is a very close relative. Some of the bad behaviour may well have been down to that.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:04 am

snail wrote:Dips just forgot the full stop. She meant to say "I like Ruth. Am very sorry for how your cousins behaved [Ragdoll]"

You know I did actually type that in my response about grammar then I deleted it hahaha.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:07 am

In this instance I don't think it is that Snail - quite frankly, they always go on like morons. That's why we have nothing to do with them 99% of the time. I accept that some people will find it harder than others to attend funerals etc. but it's difficult for everyone, so as far as I am concerned the least you can do is be respectful and act with some dignity.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Previous

Return to Cheer me up!