Feeling down - need cheering up!

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Feeling down - need cheering up!

Postby MrsD86 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:35 pm

Hi all,

Just a bit of a rant really. I've got a few things getting on top of me and just need to get them all out. Thank you for listening :)

Some of you may have seen my post about my mother in law - that's one thing upsetting me, but won't go into too much detail since I've listed the problems in my other post.

Money is worrying me. I lost my job when I was pregnant with my little boy (sure that was down to discrimination) so we only have my hubby's wage coming in. He doesn't earn alot, as he had to take a pay cut last year to keep his job (due to redundancies). We are paying £600 a month on our privately rented house, so pretty much all of his wages goes on that. We don't have any kind of social life whatsoever, and when we do we are constantly watching what we are spending. We are struggling to put food in our mouths - there have been several occasions we have had to cancel our food shop because we can't afford it :(

My hubby takes my car to work with him, so I have no way of getting to see my family (who live 10 miles away) - but we can't afford another car. So I'm having to rely on my family to come to see us. We live miles away from the town centre (we live in a big town) and the buses round here are funny about me taking a buggy on the bus.

I just feel generally depressed because of the above. 7 days a week I sit looking at these four walls, and its starting to make me go mad! The only person keeping me going is my baby boy. I worry because if we carry on struggling, what happens if we can't feed our son?

My hubby goes out with his friends fairly often, but I lost all my friends when I fell pregnant with my little boy. Everyone seemed to scarper. So I only have my hubby's company when he isn't working. I only see my parents every now and again because they too work. I've been looking for a part-time job to go around my son for months but nothing seems to come up.

Maybe that is all a bit extravagent. But It's all a big worry to me, constantly over my head.
MrsD86
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Feeling down - need cheering up!

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:00 pm

MrsD86 wrote:My hubby takes my car to work with him, so I have no way of getting to see my family (who live 10 miles away)

A couple of times a week could you not take him in and pick him up so you can still see people?

MrsD86 wrote:My hubby goes out with his friends fairly often,

How does he manage this is some weeks you don't have enough for food?
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby MrsD86 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:02 pm

No to the first point because he starts work at 6am and that would mean waking my baby up.
He goes fishing, which doesn't cost anything?
MrsD86
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby RagDoll » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:09 pm

Assuming some of your family have cars/a means of getting around, can they not come and see you once a week or something? Ten miles is not that far really. I know you said your parents work, but surely they could come and visit you on an evening?

Are there any groups you could join? I'm thinking of Mother and Toddler groups (or something similar, I assume your son isn't a toddler quite yet since you describe him as a baby), that way you could potentially make friends who understand your lifestyle as a Mother.

Re: the part-time job, keep on looking! That's all you can do. If I were in your shoes, I'd be pretty much willing to accept any type of work - at least it would be extra income and a way of getting you out of the house.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:18 pm

Would it possible to get family members to chip in to get you a cheap bike. You can get ones that have baby seats attached to the back. At least you can get out and about a bit more.
If the buses don't like it hard luck, you are entitled to go on the bus and they have to provide space to store the buggy whilst you hold the baby on the journey. If you continue to get problems contact the bus company and complain
Is it possible to move into a home with a smaller rent or even the same rent but closer to relatives or town, whichever is your preference.
Do you have anything you can sell on ebay or in car boot sales to get a bit of money for now?
Are you claiming all the benefits you are entitled to. You should get child tax credits and/or working tax credits if your on low income. Use the link below and see if you can find out any other benefits your entitled to like housing benefit, council tax rebate etc.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAnd ... &cre=Money
Ask at any local shops for a paper round as you can take the little one wiht you and I know it isn't much money but if you are struggling for food it will certainly help.
Also try this site about working from home
http://www.homeworking.com/

Hope this helps
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Cheer me up!