Negative Spiral

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Negative Spiral

Postby nothings_shocking » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:52 pm

Over the last 6 weeks, things have and are still incredibly difficult. Both my parents have been diagnosed with cancer, Mum's is not curable and well, we don't know what Dad's options are yet. Mum has verbalised that she has given up fighting so my brother has just accepted this and tells her that it is ok if she doesn't want to eat etc. I'm fuming but also incredibly sad that she is suffering so much. I'm not quite sure how to deal with my emotions at the moment and even though I have friends and a long term partner, I feel very alone. The future is looking very bleak....
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Negative Spiral

Postby sparkly_star » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:48 am

Sorry to hear that there's such difficult things going on with your parents, it's very hard when a parent has something debilitating such as cancer or a chronic illness (My mother has Parkinson's disease). I know how hard it is to watch a parent suffer, my mother's condition has recently worsened dramatically and it's hard to process. I'm afraid I don't have much advice to offer, it can be hard to look to the future at times. I guess focussing on the good times, and trying to make the most of the time you have left, rather than wondering about the future might help?

I just wanted you to know you're not alone :grouphug:
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
sparkly_star
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Cheer me up!