Just when you thought life was getting better.

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby kitten » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:47 pm

I went to see her last night.

She is going to appeal, she did have special circumstances at the time and has already appealed once.

Her main concern is money, our family aren't very well off and she can't afford the accommodation and longer than its paid for if she has to do anymore.

My parents are going to go with her to discuss things with the university and hopefully get some sense from them.

It is the nursing dipolma that she is doing. Her nursing skills are great and has always passed her practicals and placements with flying colours she just isn't very academic. (like me!)
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby kitten » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:02 pm

Update: My parents wrote to the university as the whole situation was getting really bad for my sister.

They said they didn't realise how much it was effecting her and the family. Despite my sister asking countless times for help.

She has a meeting today to discuss the appeal process again. So fingers crossed.

It seems to have had a bad effect on her though.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Liquidius » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:34 am

Well that's good! Obviously not that your sister is so upset about the whole thing, but that the university are willing to listen, and to help :)

*crosses fingers and toes*
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby brfc » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:36 am

yep hope the uni help out your sister. sure theyll be able to do something for her.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Previous

Return to Cheer me up!