Application Refused.

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Application Refused.

Postby X_Smiler_X » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:11 pm

I applied for a job with Easy Jet as an air hostess, and I spent hours and hours filling the application form in. I was pleased with what I wrote, and thought I may get somewhere.

I got an e-mail today saying they aren't going to ask me for an Interview. I'm gutted.

As some of you know, the job I'm currently in is depressing me alot, I'm constantly tired, feel sick and irritated, and am generally down.

I have applied for another job, but it doesn't meet the points of this Air hostessing job.

Cheer me up! :(
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby umistgirl » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:47 pm

(((Hugs)))

I know you are upset now, but everything happens for a reason and perhaps it was fate that you were not mean't to get the job.

p.s. My next-door-but-one neighbour always wanted to be an air hostess and finally got onto the scheme. She said it is certainly not all it is cracked up to be!!! Perhaps it just wasn't to be. I'm sure you'll find something soon.
Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use.
umistgirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby captainf » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:39 pm

X_Smiler_X

Dont worry! Thats life in the flying business! I think I read somewhere that for every pilots job going theres about 15,000 applicants! I should imagine its similar for air hostess jobs. Its normal to get turned down on your first time applying but dont be discouraged. Just take this with a pinch of salt, theres any number of reasons why you didn't get the call up - one of which could have been other air hostesses applying. EasyJet are popular because they have a policy that they try to get their crews home every night and so they are popular, especially with people in relationships.

Try applying to other airlines. I think your local is Luton, isn't it? Keep applying to the airlines there. Visit the airport job center and ask them for air hostess vacancies.

Don't give up! One of the biggest requirements is determination.

Also ask for advice on

www.pprune.org
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby brfc » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:06 pm

keep on applying for jobs kerri dont give up! its one set back but i know you will get there eventually. can feel it in me bones. take care hun gareth xx
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby peecee » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:07 pm

X_Smiler_X, as captain_flynn said, definitely don't give up! Not many of us get our dream job the first time we apply for it.

but I'm sure you could do the job easily! :P
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brfc » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:11 pm

im planning on travelling soon and im going too make sure ur on board as my air hostess lol. :D
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jess1234 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:49 pm

:grouphug: hugs hun, there are loads of oppertunities for jobs out there just keep applying. You will get a job soon :D Can you please be my air hostess? I hate flying so i need a familiar face! :)
~ Vision is knowing who you are, where you are going, and what will guide your journey ~
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby saphire » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:55 pm

x smiler x

Ahh try not and let it get you down....Easyjet are a nightmare to get a job with, a friend of mine with over two years cabin crew exp, 18mths of that as a number 1 got rejected by them first time around....bare in mind her dad was a captain for them and her b/f a first officer.....and she is stunning! nobody could believe they turned her down! If Cabin crew is the career path you want to go down try applying to regional airlines like Eastern or Air wales, even Flybe to get a foot in the door and get experience.

Pm me if you want any advise (I work in the airline game)

*Hugs*

S xxx
saphire
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby X_Smiler_X » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:48 pm

Thank you all for your reassuring words :) I'm not feeling so bad about it now - I will apply again in 6 months and see how I go.

Knowing I'm not the only one thats got refused first time round is reassuring. Thanks.

Hugs to you all!

K x
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:07 pm

Why wait? Why not apply to other airlines that operate out of Luton such as Britannia Airways?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bexical » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:54 pm

Dont give up just yet hunny, keep trying thats all i can say and you will get to where you want to be! it takes time
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Cheer me up!