Not sure what to do with myself

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Not sure what to do with myself

Postby Midnight » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:22 am

Have recently started to feel really low in myself and not sure what to do with my life and have no idea where its going. Am only 21 and should be out enjoying myself yet feel that everyone has mved on and that I have been left behind. Could really do with some ideas on how to perk myself up so I can go out and meet friends, everyone I meet has their own little groups and has no interest in talking to anybody new, just feel like no-one can be bothered with me, and while I put myself out for so many people, no-one is there for me when I need them.
Midnight
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby captainf » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:00 am

I feel very much like you do! It's hard being in a position where you have little or no friends and as you say everyone seems to move with the times whilst you feel like you're stuck in the past. I'm not sure what advice I can offer you, but I do know I sometimes feel exactly like that too.

Maybe try taking up a new hobby, course or go to the gym or something like that. It could be a way to meet people.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby brfc » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:37 pm

welcome too pp midnight. all i can suggest is too think of the things that would cheer you up. hobbies outings anything and focus on them. i dont have many friends but i dont let that hold me back. lots of things too see and enjoy out there. now im back single looking into parachuting and all sorts. things that i could never do before. theres always ways too meet people. trust me not all people are in big groups. lots of small groups like hmm me lol ready too make friends with ya.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby amanda11 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:00 pm

hiya

just like captain flynn i do know how you feel!!!
most of my friends live far away and my fella works long hours so sometimes i do find myself feeling a bit down. you've just got to carry on regardless. think about all the things that you like doing and just do them. you don't need friends with you all the time to try new things, join some clubs, karate, music society, charity work.. whatever. get a new job or get in contact with some old friends.

being independent is part of growing up and once you learn to be happy and confident by yourself you'll find making friends just happens... honestly! don't go out of your way to please people who wouldn't do the same for you, people lose respect for you.

what do you actually want to do with your life? what kind of things are important to you? maybe you could get a job in that area. there are careers offices in most towns, i think they're called connexions.

well good luck whatever you do x
there is a light that never goes out
amanda11
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby pink stripes » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:35 pm

hiya!!

I think a hobbie is great idea. starting sumthing new is always fun, so you are bound to meet new friends.

xxx
pink stripes
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Thank you

Postby Midnight » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:30 pm

thank you all for replying, felt bit better just getting it off my chest!Find it hard to start hobbies and going places even though would love to as work every day of the week (yes even including saturdays and sundays) just to keep my head above water-also money a big factor-just feel that everythings stacked against me sometimes, had to basically fight for everything Ive got and now my energy's wearing low-suppose im just a typical student feel like the whole worlds out to get me!!Sure ill snap out of it soon though .
Midnight
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Cheer me up!