incident at work

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

incident at work

Postby singingsmiler » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:46 am

Hi guys,
There was an incident at work yesterday. We were low on staff and we had P.E we go to a leisure centre but there were not enough staff to transport so i stayed behind with 3 students and a teaching assistant.

Two of the boys wound each other up and were all out to kill each other - completely wild. We attempted keep them apart in different buildings. I ended up outside with one ofthe students trying to restrain him - i am only 5"3 and this was a fairly tall 12 year old boy who was very strong as he ws so full of rage.

We ended up outside and in his anger - this boy slammed me against an outside wall- my back hit the corner full impact and then i had his fully body weight on me.

He stopped as soon as he realised he had hurt me.

the head arrived back to pick up the boys and i explained (breathlessly) that they should be sent home. I told her what had happened and she said my back probably just needed a rub! :evil: She also asked me to call the boy's mother to explain what had happened!!

She said nothing about me getting checked out or going home. One ofthe other staff suggested that ishould as i was in so much pain. I went to an NHS walk in centre near the school and they said i should get to a hospital immediately - they were not allowed to treat me as it was an assault :roll:

Someone came to pick me up from work to take me to a hospital near home - i went to A and E and was seens within 30 mins.

The doctor examined my back and said it was badly bruised and swollen. He was also worried about me as i was in shock. I did not need and x-ray but as the doctor was so concerned about my well being he said i needed to be put on a drip, given an anti sickness shock and morphene for the pain.

They put the drip in and about 10 minutes later - my fiance told me my eyes rolled to the back of my head so he could only see whites and i started shaking and passed out - he pressed the panic button and the doctor came and stabilised me.

I had to stay under observation forr 5 hours with the drip and morphene and then they said i was ok to go home.

I managed to sleep but have a very painful back and feel very woozy still.
Just need some cheering up really :cry:

Hugs
SS xx
ImageImage
singingsmiler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Liquidius » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:44 am

*gives SS a big cuddle*

That's horrible! I don't believe the school weren't concerned for your health. Some 12 year olds are huge.

He physcially assulted you, I'd seriously hope you'll consider doing something about that, and also about the fact that the school didn't seem to care at all.

It's all over now, and I know that's easy to say, but it is. Have a good few days off work, and relax.

:grouphug:
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby brfc » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:04 am

:grouphug: hey ss sorry to hear about what happened at school. i think this goes too show what happens when a school is understaffed. u should never have been left alone with this boy especially if he was feeling very angry. who knows what could have happened. i hope ur feeling better soon and i hope the school get too the bottom of this so it doesnt hapen again. take care sweet get well soon xx
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby umistgirl » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:17 am

Go to the police- It IS assault. The boy deserves to know that his actions have consequences. I'm sorry to hear of what you have been through.
Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use.
umistgirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Jess1234 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:22 pm

Aww huni *hugs* thats really not on. Especially seeing as the head wasn't concerned about how much you were hurting. You should go to the police as it is assult. Take care hun xxxxxx
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
~ Vision is knowing who you are, where you are going, and what will guide your journey ~
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby kitten » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:54 pm

This is a assualt and to have caused you that much bad is extremely bad. You should report this and the hospital will have your treatment on record. You need to talk to the school about this again with the medical treatment.

*hugs*

I know what back pain is like, have plenty of rest and a hot water bottle on the pain will helpt.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bubble » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:07 pm

Please take this further hun, what happened is not on, and the boy needs to be punished and learn from his mistake!
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bexical » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:10 pm

The school surly should have some procedured in place for this, as mentioned above you could go to the police as it is classed as assualt. Sorry to hear about your tough time with him,
Bexical
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby singingsmiler » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:37 pm

During my restraint he slammed me against the wall - it was not a pre meditated on purpose thing. it could be argued that i should have left him but i knew he would cause damage to himself or another pupil.

I have had today off and am taking tomorrow off - am still in a lot of paim and the painkillers i have don't really touch it.

Thanks for your replies - it's good to know i'm not over reacting - i am more upset that the head did not really seem to care.

it is a referral unit so different to a main stream school in some respects but still...

Hugs
SS xx
ImageImage
singingsmiler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby brfc » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:46 am

well i hope the head does take it seriously. no person should go too work afraid of being asaulted. there should be measures there too protect u from that. take care hun hope u get better soon xx
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby singingsmiler » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:34 am

my back is so painful today - it feels much worse than it has - should i go to the doctors - the pain kilers i have from the hospital aren't touching it at all... :cry:

SS xx
ImageImage
singingsmiler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Jess1234 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:58 am

*hugs* I think you should go back to the doctors, maybe they can prescribe something stronger. I had a back injury a couple of months ago and i found that heat helps with the pain so have a hot bath or put a hot water bottle on your back. Hope you feel better soon huni xxxxxxxx
~ Vision is knowing who you are, where you are going, and what will guide your journey ~
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby singingsmiler » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:05 am

Have called nhs direct - a nurse is going to call me back in about an hour - that's the wait but at least i feel i am getting somewhere!

Thanks Jess
Hugs
SS xx
ImageImage
singingsmiler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby brfc » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:57 pm

let us know how u get on ss. if it gets worse def see doctor again hun xx
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby singingsmiler » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:01 pm

Am going to the doctor at 5:10pm to get signed off and to get some better pain kilers my back has tensed and i need to spend time trying to relax the muscles... not fun

SS xx
ImageImage
singingsmiler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Next

Return to Cheer me up!