im a bit new to this

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

im a bit new to this

Postby fuzz wuzz » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:59 pm

Hi folks . I am so down at the moment . I am a textiles student age 27 and I am only doing the corse just so I have something to do when my modeling drys up. I have had a great life and done some things you would never believe some one of my age would have done . My work is only like small time for companies such as matalan and avon. Over the years I have grown to enjoy the attension of being the pretty one in the family and stuff but I dont feel the love I was once getting from my friends and family .I feel this because they aren't running out to get the magazines i'm in and stuff. My friends were all happy to give me compliments when i was taking them to cool parties in the west end . Why do I need aproval so much . I used to think I was really Level headed but I guess it could do with my boyfriend walking out after all these years without a reason. He used to be so supportive and even told me to go back to school. oh god my head is mess. luv yers xx :roll:
fuzz wuzz
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby amanda11 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:45 pm

it seems that you're reaching a period of adjustment in your life. you are experiencing change and considering the future which will of course make you anxious and unsteady. try to think about what is really important to you... what will actually make you happy? don't worry about what other people think, its your life. is your textiles course really fulfilling you?

as for your relationships, just because your family don't give you all the attention that they did doesn't mean they don't love you. deep down i'm sure you realise this. don't let your boyfriends departure alter the way you feel about yourself, if he didn't give you a reason then perhaps it was a problem with him and not you. you will find somebody else, just keep your chin up. x
there is a light that never goes out
amanda11
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Lorelei » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:16 pm

Hi! I agree with amanda11. The end of your relationship may be affecting how you see yourself. You'd want to be unnaturally tough not to feel a bit insecure after rejection. It's his loss, though, and when you're ready to date again, I'm sure you won't be short of admirers!

Your true friends and your family love you. They may not be rushing out to buy your pictures any more because they think you have a different focus in your life now (your course.) And some of your friends may, indeed, have been more excited about hanging out with you when you were taking them to cool parties. That means they're not real friends.

This period might be difficult but good things will come out of it: You will learn who your real friends are, and you will have a solid career option if you need it in the future. You're very sensible to think ahead. You say you're usually level-headed, so your loved ones might not know that you need a bit of emotional support at the moment. Don't be afraid to tell them. They would want to be there for you if they knew.

Be strong. This is just a bad phase in a wonderful, exciting life, that isn't even NEARLY over yet! You have so many more adventures to look forward to. xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby singingsmiler » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:42 pm

Hey lovely,
i think that when you first started modelling it was new and exciting to your friends and family so they rushed toget everything you were in but now they see that you are doing your course etc...

i think that your bf leaving has probably affected you more than you realised at the time and that you are thinking about the future and feeling a little uncertain.

your life is changing and this can sometimes make us feel worried - but it's nothing to worry about - you have so much time ahead of you to look forward to and think of all the things you could do once you are qualified - there are so many options open to you.

Hugs
SS xx
ImageImage
singingsmiler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby brfc » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:53 am

im pretty sure your freinds and family are still proud of you and your modelling. guess when u first started it it was something new but now they have got used too it. sure they still love ya though.

as with the other posts ur b/f walking out has left you a bit unstable and not sure what lies ahead. i feel that after my split with my ex but best advice is just take things a day at a time.

the future is what u make of it and im sure you have a great one ahead of you with ur modelling and things. take care brfc xx
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby fuzz wuzz » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:06 pm

Hey gang I have been thinking about all the things you adviced me with and my conclusion is.... I am thinking about going abroad after my corse is finnished and try modeling in the states away from my family and start afresh on my own without getting messed up with what I think other people thinking .
fuzz wuzz
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby fuzz wuzz » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:08 pm

Do you think I am being a bit rash ?I love to hear what you think of my BIG idea. Cheer folks
fuzz wuzz
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby singingsmiler » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:21 pm

hey lovely,
Moving countries is an extreme decision to make and you say it is so that you don't have to worry about what your friends and family think but you will meet a whole bunch of new people and have the same problem.

I don't think the answer is to go away from your friends and family - i think you need to work through this with them. You have a support network here and suddenly leaving all that may not have the effect you desire.

if you really want to travel and see some ofthe world then that is what you should do but if it is a decision to get away from the situation you feel you are in then it will not solve anything.

Hugs
SS xx
ImageImage
singingsmiler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Lorelei » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:22 am

I agree with singingsmiler. There are many good reasons to go abroad, but running away from a current situation isn't one of them. Unless you find a way you overcome your insecurities, they will remain with you no matter where you go. Remember, you don't have to see anyone that you don't want to, even if they live on your doorstep! If you think you need a bit more time for yourself, take it. Remember that you might be a bit heartbroken, and not thinking 100% clearly at the moment. I would encourage you to work on what's upsetting you now, before making plans for the future. What are your friends and family doing to stress you out? Can you think of some ways to deal with them? You may need to talk to people about their behaviour, or decide to cut some people out of your life, or perhaps just change your own attitude. Any steps you can take to cope better with things at the moment would be worthwhile! xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby carmel2006 » Tue May 16, 2006 7:34 pm

i think you should really think about going somewhere on your own because its really hard started off where you know no one and even though at the moment you are hissed off with your friends and family you would really miss them. i know i am in london with no friends and family and its hard.you should be really proud of yourself doing modleing and studying and i am sure you family and friends are proud of you too. :lol:

hope everything works out

luv carmel
carmel2006
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Cheer me up!