Need Cheering Up

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Need Cheering Up

Postby PurePurple » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:02 pm

I don't know why but I just feel like crying, I think i'm finally being overwhelmed with the fact my SATs are coming up in may, and im biting my nails with fear. I just can't relax at all right now and it's so tense.

All the teachers in Maths, English and Science are saying we have to booster lessons as revision, and you have to do this and that and take this home and.... :evil: As you can imagine....Half of this stuff we are doing in lessons I don't even understand half of it :o and some of the student teachers we have who are meant to be 'helping' us don't explain it properley so we end up thinking what an earth do we have to do... :-s

I wish right now i could just chill and be relaxed and calm and confident and feel that i have learnt something in all of my lessons. I do find it hard to keep things in my head, maybe we have to go over it a few times before i remember it in my mind.

Im most worried about the fact my teachers say well if you cant figure out what (pi)Rsquared is just think of it as 14.95 or whatever, and how did MacBeth feel in act 5 scene 5. Or is this a parallel or series circuit. I really am bad at remembering things like that..

Sorry to natter I just had to vent
Purple
xxxx
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby brfc » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:07 pm

awww i know its hard doing all this stuff but make sure u have some rest breaks too. keep reading the same stuff over and over doesnt tend too do much good just overloads the brain. take it all a step at a time and you,ll do ok purple im sure :grouphug:
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby PurePurple » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:13 pm

In classes though, we are constantly going over the same things over and over again, and when we practise them in class i cannot remember them for the life of me, but on my own i can. I mean in science and maths they aren't exactly the working environment you'de expect because they have a lot of idiots in them who chat louder than normal people. Science is constantly shouting, we very rarely have a good lesson because the teacher is too busy shouting or sending people outside..
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Lorelei » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:39 pm

Sometimes, a teacher's explanation might not really click with you, and, as you say, the others in the class can be disruptive and break your concentration. It's great that you can understand things when you sit down to study on your own. As long as you can do that, you should be fine! You might consider buying some study guides specifically aimed at SATs, to supplement your knowledge.

Also, it's impossible to understand 100% of everything. We all have our better subjects and worse subjects. As long as you do your best, you can be proud!

As for Macbeth, have you watched any films of the play? If not, perhaps you should try to find one. It might help to give you a better understanding of it. As long as you know the story and the themes, and a few important quotes, it will be okay! Again, you can probably buy study guides that summarize what happens in each scene, if you need to refresh your memory.

You probably know so much more than you think, and are just focusing on the few things that you're having trouble with. Just remember that if you know even half of the course, you'll pass, and if you know 80% of the course, for example, you'll get a really good grade! As brfc said, it's important to take time out for relaxation too. Your mind will perform better if it's calm and properly rested. Also, make sure you eat well, and take supplements if necessary, to make sure that you have loads of energy at this time. xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jess1234 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:22 pm

Hey huni, I did my SATs last year, all my teachers were saying how hard it was going to be and how important it is not to fail but they really aren't that bad! I was so worried that i was going to fail but once i had got into the exam room and looked at the questions i found i could answer them easily enough! What level papers are you doing? If you need any help PM me or add me on msn! Don't fret huni xxx
~ Vision is knowing who you are, where you are going, and what will guide your journey ~
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby PurePurple » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:25 pm

Lorelei wrote:As for Macbeth, have you watched any films of the play? If not, perhaps you should try to find one.

Yep, We had this theatre group in and we've had one of our English teachers say it all out etc etc...And it makes me more confused...
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby singingsmiler » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:42 pm

hey hun,
i am a teacher and hate the amount of pressure on year 9's around SATS time - please don't get yourself so worried and stressed out.

The yare made out ot be this huge thing and they really aren't - i teach English and the English SATS ar a joke every year - we have made so many complaints about them... please don't get yourself so worried and upset.

Have you got a head of year or a form tutor you can speak to about how you are feeling?

In the meantime, take some time out away from school work - if you concentrate on it too much then you will just become overloaded.

Hugs
SS xx

P.S any macbeth help just shout!
ImageImage
singingsmiler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Liquidius » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:22 pm

You'll probably find that in your exam you'll know all of these things. Brains are funny organs like that...
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby PurePurple » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:42 pm

singingsmiler wrote:hey hun,
i am a teacher and hate the amount of pressure on year 9's around SATS time - please don't get yourself so worried and stressed out.

The yare made out ot be this huge thing and they really aren't - i teach English and the English SATS ar a joke every year - we have made so many complaints about them... please don't get yourself so worried and upset.

Have you got a head of year or a form tutor you can speak to about how you are feeling?

In the meantime, take some time out away from school work - if you concentrate on it too much then you will just become overloaded.

Hugs
SS xx

P.S any macbeth help just shout!

Thanks SS, I feel coming from a teachers point of view it makes it a whole lot better :D

Huggles
Purple
xxxx
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby lilessexgal » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:45 pm

hey hunny!

dont panic SATS are of course exams but not as big as the teachers make them out to be. there more to suggest what group you should be in like top set, middle set etc etc so all you can do is revise and do your best.

these exams do not do anything like decide your future so you have plenty of time for that if thats worrying you!

good luck! x x x x
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby PurePurple » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:12 pm

Im in Set 1 which is the top set of the whole year :o We get everything hard put on us :cry:
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby singingsmiler » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:52 pm

hey purple,
glad i helped - just remember that you are a bright girl and that taking on lots of pressure and work will stress you out no end. keep a balance netween work and fun!!

Hugs
SS xx
ImageImage
singingsmiler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Cheer me up!