sick of everything

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

sick of everything

Postby timetomakechanges » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:16 pm

Some days I just feel so down and I dunno why. I'm the kind of person who always seems to put on a happy front and it doesn't take much to make me laugh loads, but just inside I feel kinda empty. It was the 1 year anniversary of my aunties death today so I dunno if that could have something to do with it, but it's also a lot of things. I am over worked at work and college and starting to panick about exams. And I am sick to death of being single or with nasty guys. I also know this boy who I used to be friends with and now he barely speaks to me except when drunk at parties and I can't work out if I miss him as just a friend or if I want something more from him. I feel emotional and empty 24/7. I have a few close friends but I feel like we're all too much in each others pockets and we need some new friends but everyones settled into their own little groups at college and there's nowhere to go to meet people at 16. I also think I care more for my friends than they do for me because I sometimes wonder if when we all go away to uni they'll make any effort whatsoever to keep in contact or not and we never do anything or go anywhere unless I arrange it and then they're only interested if alcohol is involved :(
Grrrr i'm just so stressed at th mo, everything seems to be going wrong
timetomakechanges
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Lorelei » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:49 am

You don't need to bottle everything up and put on a brave face. I'm sure that some of your friends really care about you, and would be willing to listen if you shared your problems with them. Stress at college can make you think the strangest things. You may be focusing on the guy who doesn't speak to you because it's a way to avoid thinking about your work, for example (I'm not saying this is the case. Just a suggestion!) A lot of young people are only interested in socializing when there's alcohol involved, but they wouldn't have as much fun if you weren't there! It's likely that you will lose contact with some of the people you know now, but some of them might pleasantly surprise you! Also, remember that once you go to University, you'll have lots of opportunities to meet new people and try new things. Hang in there! xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Cheer me up!